As part of a software development team for boohoo, you will create complex, enterprise transforming business applications by writing quality software code and simultaneously, focusing on continual learning and development.
This is an excellent opportunity for a software developer who has strong technical skills, a passion for quality and experience of creating and supporting large scale web/e-commerce applications. Our culture is fit for developers who excel in a fast paced, dynamic, DevOps environment and who relish the opportunity to further their career working as part of an industry leading organisation.
We started out as one brand with only three team members in 2006, today we are now made up of 13 amazing brands and counting, we have offices all over the world and we've grown to a 6,000+ strong team we call our boohoo family - and we don’t plan on stopping yet. We have big ambitions, huge potential and a clear strategy to continually evolve and grow the business. It’s a seriously exciting time to join us and influence the next chapter of our success.
In Tech, we’re proud to support every brand and every function. We’re a digital-first company that is totally cloud-native. We embrace change and future-proof the business, delivering critical customer-facing and internal stakeholder facing systems. Everything from colleague tech to front-end websites and apps, buying and merchandising tooling and all that’s in-between, we take care of it. Our ideas support and drive the Group’s agenda.
What you'll be doing
- Maintain and develop the essential back-office tools and integrations that provide up to date and relevant data to our key business stakeholders and other system
- Identify points for improvement within the team and task them accordingly
- Respond quickly and intelligently to live environment issues
- Collaborate with colleagues in other departments to design solutions and ensure that their needs are fulfilled to the best possible efficiency
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
You will be an experienced and proactive developer with solid skills in PHP 7 and Laravel. You will have a strong focus on delivering quality through good design, using for example SOLID principles, CQRS and design patterns, and the use of modern software practices such as, BDD, TDD, process automation, test automation and Agile. You should hold a basic understanding of relational databases and SQL. In addition, you will hold the following skills:
- Strong skills and understanding of object-orientated PHP
- Experience using MySQL to build and query databases
- Experience using a PHP framework (e.g. Laravel, Zend, Symfony)
- An understanding of RESTful API’s
- A personable style and approach, not afraid to collaborate within immediate and wider teams
- Strong skills and understanding of Laravel development
- Experience in automated testing
- Experience building and integrating with RESTful API’s
- An understanding of how to use Git for versioning
- Experience of Agile development approaches and use of Jira or equivalent
- Exposure to AWS technologies
- An understanding of how to optimise performance in PHP applications
- Understanding of branching methodologies and deployment processes
- Experience using BDD or TDD to write test suites
- Experience using Docker
- Experience using MSSQL
- Personal contributions to open source
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work!
Find out more about us here https://careers.boohoogroup.com/