In March 2021, the boohoo group published its new sustainability strategy UP.FRONT. It sets out our priorities and clear targets that we are going to hit across our environmental, social and governance agenda.
Product sustainability is our top priority. We have set big targets. For example by 2025 we want all the polyester and cotton in our garments to be recycled or more sustainably sourced.
We are looking for an organised, proactive and confident product coordinator to manage our global product sustainability compliance and supplier engagement process from Turkey, working closely with the UK team.
This role is critical to the delivery of our sustainability strategy.
We started out as one brand with only three team members in 2006, today we are now made up of 13 amazing brands and counting, we have offices all over the world and we’ve grown to a 7,500+ strong team we call our boohoo family – and we don’t plan on stopping yet. We have big ambitions, huge potential and a clear strategy to continually evolve and grow the business. It’s a seriously exciting time to join us and influence the next chapter of our success.
In the Sustainability team, we’re driven by innovation, the desire to prepare our brands for the future and to lead by example in our industry. Part of the Responsible Sourcing & Product Operations department, we’re focused on raising sustainability awareness across the group. When it comes to product sustainability, we’re all about reducing our impact on the environment.
What you'll be doing
- Track the products meeting our sustainability criteria- collating all certification/documentation needed and ensuring product tracker is kept up to date
- Follow up with global supply base (with focus on Turkey) and check certifications are valid. For example for recycled polyester we require scope certificates, transaction certificates and supply chain maps
- Engage with suppliers to ensure they understand our process for more sustainable products
- Training existing and new suppliers on our requirements so that our buying teams have more suppliers they can source through
- Work with suppliers to understand costs of more sustainable product
- In time, work with suppliers to understand what innovative materials, processing and design techniques we could introduce to our products to further reduce the environmental impact.
- Report progress regularly.
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We want you to think big. Think creatively. Be bold. Be brave. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes – that’s how we learn! We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re one team, one boohoo family. Bring your own style, experiences, and ideas – we want them all.
More about you
- Excellent excel and Microsoft skills
- Strong data and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent English
- Experience working in retail supply chains and/or compliance functions essential
- Knowledge and interest in sustainability desirable
- Ability to prioritise and juggle a number of competing requirements
- Strong communication skills to build relationships internally and externally
- Willingness to travel to the UK when required to work with the UK product sustainability team
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
Location: Yenibosna Merkez Mahallesi Yalçın Koreş Cad., No:20 A Blok , Bahçelievler, Istanbul, Turkey
#LI-LF1 #LI-HYBRID #qa