We are currently looking for an experienced Sustainability Packaging and Labelling Manager to be based at either our Manchester or London office. The role involves collaboration with the Buying, Technical Compliance, Sustainability, Procurement and Marketing/Creative Teams in the management and procurement of all Boohoo Group packaging and labelling with the intention of procure best quality, price and service, whilst ensuring all packaging is legally and commercially compliant and is made using sustainable materials.
You will have regular contact with Technical Compliance and Legal Teams to ensure all existing and new packaging and branding initiatives are market compliant and any updates and amends are delivered with the support of the Buying and Creative Teams.
In the Sustainability team, we’re driven by innovation, the desire to prepare our brands for the future and to lead by example in our industry. Part of the Responsible Sourcing & Product Operations department, we’re focused on raising sustainability awareness across the group. When it comes to product sustainability, we’re all about reducing our impact on the environment.
What you'll be doing
- Source and identify best in class packaging and labelling suppliers to supply the Boohoo Group to companies.
- Ensure with the support of the Procurement and Legal Teams that contracts with third party vendors and suppliers are in place to manage the supply of packaging and labelling with the ability to serve Boohoo group suppliers and DCs at speed.
- Ensure appropriate tracking mechanisms are in place to ensure suppliers are using nominated materials and suppliers.
- Working in collaboration with Buying, Sourcing, Sustainability, Supply Chain teams, ensure that all materials used become fully sustainable.
- Responsible for all Boohoo group packaging and labelling manuals are kept up to date.
- Working across the Boohoo group sourcing hubs with the suppliers to ensure that all suppliers are aware of and are in compliance with the packaging and labelling manuals.
- Supporting the product and environmental sustainability teams to support the delivery of their goals.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of the Boohoo group packaging obligations to the Environmental Agencies within the trading countries.
Working with us
To succeed here, you must love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- At least 3 years’ management experience in a fast-paced labelling and packaging environment
- Experience and understanding for processes within the highly regulated environment/ industry.
- Strong leadership and organisational management skills and the ability to build and lead a newly formed team
- Influencing and communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with employees across all levels of the business
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills, comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Free on-site gym with daily classes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands including: boohoo, boohooMAN, PLT, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe, we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
Find out more about the role & business here: https://careers.boohoogroup.com/
#LI-HYBRID #LI-LF1 #qa