We are in need of an experienced Procurement Manager to support the business across Supply Chain and Projects in effective sourcing of key external supply partners across all categories of indirect goods and services for the boohoo Group. Ensuring costs are managed in line with financial budgets and savings targets, best value for money is achieved, innovation and continuous improvement is maximised and risk is minimised across all categories. Primarily Manchester based (4 days per week on site, 1 day from home) however, depending on the project; occasional travel to the UK DC’s and occasional overseas travel may be required.
We are looking for someone who has worked on large scale automation or warehouse/site fit outs within a procurement function.
In Procurement, we’re behind every purchase the Group makes, including our latest brand acquisitions! There’s no limit to the impact we can have – our mission is to find quality suppliers and achieve value for money. We’re the go-to team for the entire Group, ensuring that achieving quality and maximising the P&L drives every decision we make.
What you'll be doing
- Relationship management of key suppliers to ensure consistently high service levels are achieved and to drive continuous improvement and minimise risk;
- Form excellent relationships with internal budget-holders and stake-holders. Ensuring that projects are well defined and business cases are fully approved prior to sourcing activity being undertaken.
- Work with the Head of Procurement & Supply chain team to formulate and successfully implement category strategy plans, policies and processes and support the procurement aspects of active projects across logistics, JCT, MF/1, construction/Fit out’s, automation, equipment and other supply chain categories.
- Managing the commercial relationships with both new and incumbent suppliers, to ensure contracts and commercial arrangements are competitively priced and robust from a risk and governance perspective, legally robust and that service levels are established, monitored and exceeded by our suppliers;
- Supporting the Head of Procurement & Supply chain team in formal sourcing and contract review processes as well as in-contract commercial and contract negotiations across the category(s) ensuring a full follow through of internal processes including RFP, tender document preparation, benchmarking, scoring and due diligence are completed.
- Keeping abreast of any significant developments or changes within our incumbent supply chain and reporting any such developments the Board, Logistics Management Team and Head of Procurement with an evaluation of any associated risks/issues;
- Regularly research alternative suppliers and the wider markets to ensure ongoing best practice is driven into our services;
- Preparation of monthly reports and updates for the Head of Procurement for presentation to the Board, Logistics Management Team and preparing updates for presentation to the senior supply chain team.
Working with us
To succeed here, you must love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- A proven record of achieving cost savings through negotiation/operational change
- A full understanding of procurement processes including preparation of RFP documentation, tendering, benchmarking, scoring and due diligence.
- Proven experience of working on large scale automation or site fit outs within a procurement function
- Excellent, proven negotiation skills
- Excel skills and ability to analyse spend information/invoices and produce cost models/comparisons
- Target-focussed with the ability to work quickly when required
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent forward planning and organisation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Communication, networking and interpersonal relationship skills
- Can use initiative when necessary and work well in a team
- Rapid Problem-solving
- Commercial and financial acumen and awareness of the market
- Driven with the ability to stay calm under pressure and multitask
Desired (But not essential)
- Procurement qualification (CIPS/Degree level)
- Project management skills
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Free on-site gym with daily classes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands including: boohoo, boohooMAN, PLT, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe, we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
Find out more about the role & business here: https://careers.boohoogroup.com/
#LI-HYBRID #LI-LF1 #procurement #supplychain