Who we are
We started out as one brand with only three team members in 2006, today we are now made up of 13 amazing brands and counting, we have offices all over the world and we've grown to a 6,000+ strong team we call our boohoo family - and we don’t plan on stopping yet. We have big ambitions, huge potential and a clear strategy to continually evolve and grow the business. It’s a seriously exciting time to join us and influence the next chapter of our success.
In Tech, we’re proud to support every brand and every function. We’re a digital-first company that is totally cloud-native. We embrace change and future-proof the business, delivering critical customer-facing and internal stakeholder facing systems. Everything from colleague tech to front-end websites and apps, buying and merchandising tooling and all that’s in-between, we take care of it. Our ideas support and drive the Group’s agenda.
As part of a software development team for boohoo, you will create complex, enterprise transforming business applications by writing quality software code and simultaneously, focusing on continual learning and development.
This is an excellent opportunity for a software developer who has strong technical skills, a passion for quality and experience of creating and supporting large scale web/e-commerce applications. Our culture is fit for developers who excel in a fast paced, dynamic, DevOps environment and who relish the opportunity to further their career working as part of an industry leading organisation.
· Maintain and develop the essential back-office tools and integrations that provide up to date and relevant data to our key business stakeholders and other systems
· Identify points for improvement within the team and task them accordingly
· Respond quickly and intelligently to live environment issues
· Collaborate with colleagues in other departments to design solutions and ensure that their needs are fulfilled to the best possible efficiency
What we are looking for:
You will be an experienced and proactive developer with solid skills in PHP 7 and Laravel. You will have a strong focus on delivering quality through good design, using for example SOLID principles, CQRS and design patterns, and the use of modern software practices such as, BDD, TDD, process automation, test automation and Agile. You should hold a basic understanding of relational databases and SQL. In addition, you will hold the following skills:
· Strong skills and understanding of object-orientated PHP
· Experience using MySQL to build and query databases
· Experience using a PHP framework (e.g. Laravel, Zend, Symfony)
· An understanding of RESTful API’s
· A personable style and approach, not afraid to collaborate within immediate and wider teams
· Strong skills and understanding of Laravel development
· Experience in automated testing
· Experience building and integrating with RESTful API’s
· An understanding of how to use Git for versioning
· Experience of Agile development approaches and use of Jira or equivalent
· Exposure to AWS technologies
· An understanding of how to optimise performance in PHP applications
· Understanding of branching methodologies and deployment processes
· Experience using BDD or TDD to write test suites
· Experience using Docker
· Experience using MSSQL
· Personal contributions to open source
· Experience implementing solutions for enterprise integrations between third-party tools is advantageous.
You will have strong communication skills with the ability to develop positive relationships with a team. Most importantly you will enjoy problem solving working in a dynamic environment. You will be capable of explaining complex problems to non-technical business stakeholders.
What you'll get as a PHP Developer:
· Competitive salary based on experience
· Fully remote
· Flexible Smart working hours
· Yearly bonus scheme
· Break out areas with arcade games in a dog friendly software house!
· Incredible share options!
· Contributory Pension
· Onsite gym
· 40% discount across all brands
· Subsidised restaurant
· Plus, the opportunity to work in a company that encourages engagement and growth