We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Automation Tester to join our Boohoo technology team in Manchester. Are you passionate about testing? Do you thrive to work in a fast paced, vibrant environment? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
We started out as one brand with only three team members in 2006, today we are now made up of 13 amazing brands and counting, we have offices all over the world and we've grown to a 6,000+ strong team we call our boohoo family - and we don’t plan on stopping yet. We have big ambitions, huge potential and a clear strategy to continually evolve and grow the business. It’s a seriously exciting time to join us and influence the next chapter of our success.
In Tech, we’re proud to support every brand and every function. We’re a digital-first company that is totally cloud-native. We embrace change and future-proof the business, delivering critical customer-facing and internal stakeholder facing systems. Everything from colleague tech to front-end websites and apps, buying and merchandising tooling and all that’s in-between, we take care of it. Our ideas support and drive the Group’s agenda.
What you'll be doing
Reporting into the QA Manager, this is a hands-on testing role which covers planning and executing tests predominantly on our websites. Ensuring Boohoo Technology delivers world class software solutions to support our business and customers. The main activities include:
- Work as part of internal and external test team in accordance with the schedule and quality requirements.
- Design and write test automation scripts.
- Maintain and improve test automation frameworks.
- Investigate problems in software found via testing.
- Develop and maintain solid reporting to the business of test automation results.
- Liaise with developers and BAs to help with easing the SDLC process using automated tools.
We also work with the best-in-class tooling such as Salesforce Commerce, AWS, Cabiri Tools, React, TeamCity, Jenkins, Oracle SQL and much more!
What you’ll need
- At least 2 years’ hands on experience in a test assurance role
- Demonstrable experience of performing test assurance activities
- Experience of working with test automation in an organisation
- Estimation of project test effort
- Have a deep understanding of the phases of the testing lifecycle and success criteria
- Experience of writing and maintaining testing scripts
The successful candidate will be an established Test Analyst looking for a move to a global, fast paced retail business. The candidate will have strong analytical skills and an eye for detail. With experience testing complex technology estates, ideally in high growth software or e-commerce businesses.
Candidate qualities will include:
- Experience testing mobile applications on iOS and Android.
- Experience testing web applications using common browsers.
- Experience in bug tracking tools (Jira, TestRail, etc.) and Collaboration tools (Confluence, Slack, etc.)
- Good understanding of multiple delivery methodologies including Waterfall, Agile and TDD.
- Experience working with teams using continuous integration, continuous deployment, with two-to-four-week iterations.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Analysis of functionality delivered vs. business requirement.
- Knowledge of quality management (internal, UAT, production).
- Certification in ISEB or BCS/ISTQB.
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud platforms.
- Experience with testing and utilising APIs in the testing process.
- Experience with NodeJS applications.
- Experience creating tests scripts/frameworks using Cypress.
It would be beneficial but not essential to have:
- Experience working with Sage
- Experience using Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Experience with Appium or similar native mobile testing frameworks.
Why join us
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Contributory pension scheme
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work!!