Boohoo is seeking a reliable Kitchen Porter with a professional attitude who can handle a variety of tasks simultaneously assisting in our busy staff restaurant with food deliveries, cleaning, & stock rotation to ensure all common areas and storage areas are kept clean and safe at all times.
You will demonstrate a duty of care by working within the Health and Safety and Food Safety Act 1990 and subsequent regulations, and to follow any instructions on hygiene given by your Manager.
What you'll be doing
- Ensuring all pots, pans, plates and cutlery are returned to the kitchen, washed effectively and returned to their place promptly and thoroughly in an organised fashion that will free up storage space.
- Supporting with clearing and cleaning tables and equipment on the servery & shop floor ready for quick customer turn-over in busy periods.
- Checking in food deliveries alongside the chef, monitoring the incoming of goods is correct and that there has been no damage on delivery.
- Storing all goods away in their place, in a safe manner. Taking care to put away any frozen goods efficiently and ensuring stock rotation has been adhered to.
- Breaking down all cardboard and disposing of it into the paper recycling bins as designated
- All food waste to be recycled in to the green bins and removed at the end of the day into the larger food waste container off site
- All general waste to be disposed of periodically throughout the day and removed at frequent intervals into the designated bins
- Organising our cold and dry stores so that all floors are kept ‘clean and clear’ and stock is kept orderly to allow the most efficient use of space.
- Following the kitchen cleaning schedule as instructed by your manager to ensure all walls, sides, floors and appliances are washed and disinfected following our ‘effective cleaning’ guidelines.
- Carry out occasional basic food preparation such as peeling, chopping and preparing sandwiches under the supervision of the head chef and front of house team.
- Assist the front of house team with delivery of buffets and refreshments, ensuring all food labels are provided and delivery is carried out in a safe, efficient manner.
- Demonstrate a duty of care by working within the health and safety and food safety act 1990 and subsequent regulations and to follow any instructions on hygiene given by your manager
- Ensure all practise complies with the new FSA allergen regulations ‘FIR 2013’, Natasha’s Law and the calorie law in the out of home sector 2022.
Working with us
To succeed here, you must love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
To be a porter you should have:
- good stamina and physical health, as you could be on your feet all day
- the ability to carry out tasks quickly
- good communication skills
- the ability to work in a team
- the ability to work independently and use your initiative
- the ability to remain calm under pressure
- an awareness of hygiene and safety regulations
- the ability to follow instructions
- stamina to work in hot and humid conditions
- competency in prioritising tasks and time management
- A ‘hands on, ‘can do’ attitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The desire to learn a new trade
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands including: boohoo, boohooMAN, PLT, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe, we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
*Our response to your application may be a little slower than usual over the Christmas period but we'll get back to you asap!
Find out more about the role & business here: https://careers.boohoogroup.com/