Senior Software Developer (MERN)
As part for a software development team for boohoo you will create complex, enterprise transforming business applications by writing quality software code and, simultaneously, focusing on continual learning and development.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior software developer who has strong technical skills, a passion for quality and experience of creating and supporting large scale web/e-commerce applications. Our culture is fit for developers who excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment and who relish the opportunity to further their career working as part of an industry leading organisation.
We started out as one brand with only three team members in 2006, today we are now made up of 13 amazing brands and counting, we have offices all over the world and we've grown to a 6,000+ strong team we call our boohoo family - and we don’t plan on stopping yet. We have big ambitions, huge potential and a clear strategy to continually evolve and grow the business. It’s a seriously exciting time to join us and influence the next chapter of our success.
In Tech, we’re proud to support every brand and every function. We’re a digital-first company that is totally cloud-native. We embrace change and future-proof the business, delivering critical customer-facing and internal stakeholder facing systems. Everything from colleague tech to front-end websites and apps, buying and merchandising tooling and all that’s in-between, we take care of it. Our ideas support and drive the Group’s agenda.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain and develop the essential tools and integrations that provide up to date and relevant data to our key business stakeholders and other systems.
- Identify points for improvement within the team and task them accordingly.
- Respond quickly and intelligently to live environment issues.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other departments to design solutions and ensure that their needs are fulfilled to the best possible efficiency
What we are looking for:
You will be an experienced and proactive developer with solid skills in ReactJS, Node and MongoDB. You will have a strong focus on delivering quality through good software design.
In addition, you will hold the following skills:
- Proficient in ReactJS – Redux/Webhooks
- HTML and CSS (Sass)
- Relational and non-relational databases – MongoDB/SQL
- Node.js, Express - Experience building secure RESTful APIs
- Style frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation
- Gulp, Bower, WebPack and Git
- React Native experience or knowledge
- Experience in another frontend framework (Angular)
- Experience working in sprints
- Experience of Agile development approaches and use of Jira or equivalent
- Experience working with AWS – SQS/SNS/Lambda/Cloud Formation
- Experience mentoring junior members of the team
Experience implementing solutions for enterprise integrations between third-party tools is advantageous. You will have strong communication skills with the ability to develop positive relationships with a team. Most importantly you will enjoy problem solving working in a dynamic environment. You will be capable of explaining complex problems to non-technical business stakeholders.
What you'll get at Boohoo;
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Share Scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 40% discount across all brands
- On site gym
- Subsidised restaurant
- The opportunity to work in a company that encourages engagement and growth!
- Brand new Software House coming to the heart of Manchester!
#LI-GS1 #LI-REMOTE #Tech