We started out as one brand with only three team members in 2006, today we are now made up of 13 amazing brands and counting, we have offices all over the world and we've grown to a 6,000+ strong team we call our boohoo family - and we don’t plan on stopping yet. We have big ambitions, huge potential and a clear strategy to continually evolve and grow the business. It’s a seriously exciting time to join us and influence the next chapter of our success.
Our technical team are looking for a strong and confident individual to join the team as a Assistant Garment Technologist, working for the brands Karen Millen, Coast, Warehouse, Oasis, Wallis, Debenhams, Dorothy Perkins. This role is based from our central London office in the heart of Soho.
In Garment Technology, we obsess about our products' quality, design, and fit. We collaborate daily with the Buying and Design teams across the Group. We’ve even opened an in-house lab at our head office and a manufacturing centre of excellence in Leicester. For us, it’s all about speed, being commercial and ensuring our customers look and feel their best.
What you'll be doing
- Support quality team with fit sessions, conduct fit sessions for simple product area(s) in-house and at source, balancing speed and quality; making commercial decisions with confidence; owning the fitting process and inspiring trust and confidence from colleagues and suppliers.
- Sending clear, concise and accurate comments to suppliers; processing samples in a timely and agile manner, in line with KPI’s.
- Liaising with design, buying and suppliers to offer technical guidance on new product development with the aim of reducing costs and improving quality.
- Contributing to initiatives to reduce customer returns.
- Building strong relationships with suppliers, to implement standards to help with sealing at first fit.
- Promoting quality always, whilst maintaining a strong commercial attitude.
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We want you to think big. Think creatively. Be bold. Be brave. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes – that’s how we learn! We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re one team, one boohoo family. Bring your own style, experiences, and ideas – we want them all.
More about you
- An entry level role, preference of a technically oriented qualification, preferably at degree level, to support entry into the role.
- Willingness and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident and strong individual, with ability to support on fit sessions.
- First class communication skills.
- Able to meet new challenges with a positive attitude.
- Strong time-management skills; able to prioritise tasks and change direction with agility.
- Confident using Outlook, Excel and Word. Keen to expand skill set as the role demands.
- Strong desire to want to grow and develop within the team.
Why boohoo group
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work