As a Senior Project Manager, you will join a growing project delivery team working across the boohoo Group to deliver our diverse and challenging portfolio. Our portfolio of projects and programmes can range from delivering an international warehouse to setting up a new wholesale operation or replacing one of our business critical systems. Our project managers are hands on and at the forefront of our developing business.
You will be proactively managing projects to completion, while maintaining communication with all stakeholders, and ensuring the quality of the deliverables produced. A key aspect of this delivery will be managing the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology. As a Senior Project Manager you will be responsible for full project and change implementation across Tech and the Business. You will manage projects, activities and tasks in order to ensure commercial success, to deliver desired outcomes and change.
We are early on in our application of Agile and are on a long term journey to further develop our delivery function. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about delivery and who can apply governance smartly in a non-corporate environment.
The role will be based in the North West with potential for some occasional London travel.
We started out as one brand with only three team members in 2006, today we are now made up of 13 amazing brands and counting, we have offices all over the world and we’ve grown to a 7,000+ strong team we call our boohoo family – and we don’t plan on stopping yet. We have big ambitions, huge potential and a clear strategy to continually evolve and grow the business. It’s a seriously exciting time to join us and influence the next chapter of our success.
In Project Delivery, we’re proud to support every brand and every function. We embrace change and apply our business knowledge and agility to enable boohoo Group to deliver its strategic priorities. This role will involve close collaboration with supply chain, finance and product operations.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Managing projects on time and in budget and through cross business teams
- Applying appropriate governance across projects
- Owning the project plan and managing resources and third parties
- Identifying and managing project risks in liaison with the sponsor
- Presenting of project status and issues to executive level personnel through formal and informal channels
- Role modelling cross functional stakeholder management and communication to build up relationships within different functions of the business and regular interfacing with executive level management
- Management of any project uncertainty and impact of this on inter-dependent projects
- Making recommendations on the prioritisation of project activity to ensure timely completion
- Maintaining a high level of commercial awareness to ensure the project workstreams are continually aligned to the changing business needs
- Identifying and incorporating change management activities into project delivery planning.
- Successfully handing over from project to BAU operations
- Potential line management of more junior project colleagues
WORKING WITH US
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Excellent project planning, change and time management capabilities
- Able to prioritise tasks and manage competing priorities to drive task and project completion.
- Promotes a can-do and collaborative attitude across the business in a matrix management environment
- Able to influence stakeholders and challenge constructively to provide pragmatic and achievable solutions
- Demonstrable experience in successfully delivering sustainable end to end business and people change
- Maintains a high level of commercial awareness to ensure all projects are continually aligned to the changing business needs
- Knowledge of requirements gathering, business processes, system development and process improvements
- A background of delivering projects or programmes of work including business change and tech solutions
- Experience of Agile and Waterfall methodologies with the ability to apply the correct methodology dependent upon project or work-stream
- Able to identify and track business benefits.
- Demonstrates a bias for action
- Working knowledge of ecommerce apparel industry desirable
WHY JOIN US
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work