We are currently looking for a Commercial Finance Manager at Debenhams, The Great British digital department store. This role will be London based and responsible for understanding business financial performance of the brands in the Debenhams portfolio, interpreting and reporting performance to key stakeholders and offering commercial recommendations to improve business performance.
In Finance, we charge towards commercial aims. Our proactive business partnering, advice and forecasting give the Group confidence to succeed. We’re all about delivering world-class finance, addressing limitations, overcoming challenges, and ensuring the business invests in the right things. Part of working in a fashion-forward fast-growing PLC means never calling ourselves corporate. Because we aren’t.
What you'll be doing
- Produce and present the weekly trading report analysing business performance. Identify key trends/recommendations and communicate these to stakeholders and directors
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget and quarterly reforecasts alongside the Group FP&A team, including detailed modelling of next 12 months and higher level modelling of 10 year plan
- Model, understand and interpret financial and operational implications of strategic opportunities
- Ensure that ecommerce, product, marketing and operational KPIs are engrained within reporting and the impacts of these on performance are understood by key stakeholders
- Produce weekly reforecasts of month end position to be shared with Group and Brand directors and work alongside Financial Reporting team to improve accuracy of these forecasts
- Understand the financial impact of promotional activity and the impact on own brand margins. Communicate this to relevant stakeholders to enable better decision making
- Assess marketing channel performance to support decision making by the marketing team
- Pro-actively look for opportunities to improve reporting and analysis to better support stakeholders
- Work alongside analytics and BI functions to drive improvements in insight, reporting and processes
- Look to share best practice with other Group brands
- Other ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
Working with us
To succeed here, you must love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- ACA/ICAS/CIMA/ACCA (or equivalent) qualified. 2+ years’ post-qualified experience.
- Strong commercial acumen and business awareness is essential
- Comfortable dealing with, influencing and challenging senior business stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to manipulate and present data to produce meaningful information
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in a Commercial or Corporate Finance setting (retail/ecommerce preferred)
- Experience of partnering with buying & merchandising functions would be preferrable
- Experience with BI tools such as Google Analytics, Qlikview, etc.
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands including: boohoo, boohooMAN, PLT, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe, we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
Find out more about the role & business here: https://careers.boohoogroup.com/
#LI-HYBRID #LI-LF1 #finance