We started out as one brand with only three team members in 2006, today we are now made up of 13 amazing brands and counting, we have offices all over the world and we've grown to a 6,000+ strong team we call our boohoo family - and we don’t plan on stopping yet. We have big ambitions, huge potential and a clear strategy to continually evolve and grow the business. It’s a seriously exciting time to join us and influence the next chapter of our success.
Our technical team are looking for a strong and confident individual to join the team as a Garment Technologist, working for the BoohooMAN brand.
In Garment Technology, we obsess about our products' quality, design, and fit. We collaborate daily with the Buying and Design teams across the Group. We’ve even opened an in-house lab at our head office and a manufacturing centre of excellence in Leicester. For us, it’s all about speed, being commercial and ensuring our customers look and feel their best.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Garment Technologist to work alongside our buying team, to improve fit and work with suppliers to improve quality.
- Conduct fit sessions for own product area(s) in-house and at source, balancing speed and quality; making commercial decisions with confidence; owning the fitting process and inspiring trust and confidence from colleagues and suppliers
- Sending clear, concise and accurate comments to suppliers; processing samples in a timely and agile manner, in line with KPI’s
- Liaising with design, buying and suppliers to offer technical guidance on new product development with the aim of reducing costs and improving quality
- Ensuring compliance with product safety and reach legislation; assessing risk, advising on relevant testing; recording and resolving non-compliance effectively and efficiently
- Contributing to initiatives to reduce customer returns
- Promoting quality at all times, whilst maintaining a strong commercial attitude.
WORKING WITH US
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Previous experience within a similar role in a fast-paced environment is essential
- A technically oriented qualification, preferably at degree level, is essential
- Multi-product experience including fringe areas with the ability to move between product areas
- Confident and assertive individual, with ability to manage their own fit sessions
- Comprehensive understanding of fitting and fit issues is essential
- Pattern cutting knowledge and practise is very desirable alongside knowledge of grading and grade rules
- Experience of working directly with factories, and thorough understanding of factory production, including work-flow and production control
- First class communication skills
- An interest in overseas travel desirable
- Able to meet new challenges with a positive attitude
- Strong time-management skills; able to prioritise tasks and change direction with agility
- Confident using Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Keen to expand skill set as the role demands.
WHY JOIN US:
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work