As a Team Manager at our Crick site you will be responsible for leading a team of people on your department. As well as delivering great results for your department you will promote a health and safety culture on site and engage and motivate your team.
We started out as one brand with only three team members in 2006, today we are now made up of 13 amazing brands and counting, we have offices all over the world and we’ve grown to a 6,000+ strong team we call our boohoo family – and we don’t plan on stopping yet. We have big ambitions, huge potential and a clear strategy to continually evolve and grow the business. It’s a seriously exciting time to join us and influence the next chapter of our success.
Across Warehouse and Distribution, we’re an essential link in the Group’s customer journey. With 2.1m square feet and counting, our Distribution Centres help us support every brand to get their products to customers at lightning speed. This means having the right stock, in the right place, at the right time, so each and every customer has a fantastic experience when they order – we have a brilliant time doing it, too!
What you’ll be doing:
- Achieve and exceed KPI target expectations on your department
- Motivate and lead your team
- Responsible for departmental Health & Safety
- Provide weekly, daily and monthly reports to control and improve performance
- Monitor progress against Key Performance Indicators
- Review and improve the operating environment through establishing and maintaining housekeeping standards. Championing “Clean as you Go” culture within DC.
- Create and maintain an inclusive and positive team culture and spirit, encouraging involvement from all team members when sharing group, divisional and team information.
- Work with appropriate parties to provide solutions to team issues taking account of the appropriate policies and ethical practice.
- Ensure all colleagues RTW interviews are completed to a high standard.
- Ensure colleagues’ records (including Right to Work) are up to date, appropriate and reviewed.
- Ensure accurate shift handover information is provided.
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity as specified under GDPR legislation.
- Any other duties required by the business deemed suitable and necessary.
Working with us:
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We want you to think big. Think creatively. Be bold. Be brave. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes – that’s how we learn! We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re one team, one boohoo family. Bring your own style, experiences, and ideas – we want them all.
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Experience in leading a team
- Comfortable communicating with internal management team
- Ability to use influencing skills and strategies to build buy-in for change
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-Starter/ Self Motivated.
- Taking ownership of processes and responsibility for own workload.
- Reliable – consistently good in quality and performance.
- Honest – trustworthy to superiors and an ability to be trusted by the operatives.
- Commitment – dedicated to deliver the best possible service to the customer.
- Working knowledge of IT Systems (i.e WMS, Excel and others).
- Able to work on own initiative in a fast-paced, pressurised environment.
- Able to demonstrate enthusiastic, proactive, hands on approach to daily tasks.
- Is an ambassador for the brand
- Attends training, meetings and other events as requested by direct manager or senior management, including Head of Human Resources.
- Assists colleagues by completing tasks outside own job role when requested, including supporting associated companies
- Always strives to improve the department’s operation and increase knowledge of own and related job functions.
- Maintains own working area in a professional and organised manner.
Why join us:
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- 25 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Subsidised Restaurant
- Sample sales
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- The opportunity to work in a company that encourages engagement and growth
If you are interested in becoming a team manager at our Crick site please apply and we will be in contact soon.