As Head of Finance, you will oversee all aspects of Finance for Boohoo Womenswear (WW). You will lead in understanding and challenging all aspects of WW trading and operational performance, acting as a trusted partner to the Finance, Trading, Product and Marketing Directors/Heads Of.
In Finance, we charge towards commercial aims. Our proactive business partnering, advice and forecasting give the Group confidence to succeed. We’re all about delivering world-class finance, addressing limitations, overcoming challenges, and ensuring the business invests in the right things. Part of working in a fashion-forward fast-growing PLC means never calling ourselves corporate. Because we aren’t.
What you'll be doing
- Management of the WW P&L performance, ensuring a balance between financial controls and supporting the growth of the brand.
- Work closely with Product and Marketing teams to understand and manage real time trade, including production of financial reporting on a daily/weekly basis as required.
- Work closely with Finance Director and WW stakeholders to appraise financial performance, financial strategy and future growth opportunities across retail, marketplace and wholesale partners.
- Work with the Group Data and Insights team to deliver commercial analysis in support of trade and business growth. This will include developing an in depth understanding of the available data within the Group and opportunities to drive value from that data.
- Lead the development of real time commercial insights for WW, working with internal and external partners and stakeholders as required.
- Work with Group functions to manage costs, both direct (headcount) and indirect costs, in particular working closely with Supply Chain to influence for WW.
- Lead the budget and quarterly forecasting process for the business.
- Support Finance Director in long term planning and strategy reviews, including presenting strategy to Group board.
- Work with financial accounting to ensure trade reporting is consistent with management accounts / statutory reporting, and to develop business understanding of provisioning policy (Returns/Stock) and working capital cycles.
- As part of the Group Finance team, support knowledge across the other brands where relevant and work on business cases which benefit both WW and wider Group.
- Coach and motivate a highly driven team, helping them to deliver on both commercial and personal development goals.
Working with us
To succeed here, you must love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- Hold a current Head of Finance or Senior Finance Management position and looking for the next step.
- ACA / CIMA / ACCA qualified and have experience in retail / e-commerce / FMCG environment.
- Detailed understanding of accounting software and BI tools.
- Experience of managing a team
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Strong Excel skills
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands including: boohoo, boohooMAN, PLT, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe, we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
Find out more about the role & business here: https://careers.boohoogroup.com/
#LI-HYBRID #LI-LF1 #finance