We are looking for an experienced Ethical trade & Compliance Manager to lead the ethical compliance team in the maintenance and management of the UK and International supply chain.
The suitable candidate will be responsible for the on-going development and monitoring of the UK and International supply chain in adherence to the Boohoo Code of Conduct and the Fast Forward (UK) audit methodology.
The focus is in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement within suppliers’ operations and workforce support, training, remediation adopting a collaborative and worker first welfare approach.
We started out as one brand with only three team members in 2006, today we are now made up of 13 amazing brands and counting, we have offices all over the world and we’ve grown to a 7,000+ strong team we call our boohoo family – and we don’t plan on stopping yet. We have big ambitions, huge potential and a clear strategy to continually evolve and grow the business. It’s a seriously exciting time to join us and influence the next chapter of our success.
Responsible Sourcing and Product Operations is reimagining how the Group works globally. We cover Sustainability, Sourcing, Ethical Trade, Product Quality and Operational Efficiency. We turn challenges into opportunities so we can be as commercially and operationally effective as possible while still being ethical and sustainable! In some companies, what we do gets split into many smaller teams. Not us. Together we align all areas and achieve our goals, constantly pushing for better.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure continuous oversight and engagement of boohoo group
- Manufacturing supply chain to drive continuous improvement, support and enhance worker welfare.
- Collaborate with UK central sourcing and ethical teams to ensure successful on-boarding of new suppliers and factories as the business requires.
- Proactively manage and resolve any issues in the boohoo group supply chain as they arise whilst ensuring boohoo code of conduct is upheld.
- Continuously collaborate with other functions such as Sourcing, Buying, Technical, Sustainability and Legal teams as and when required – understand the importance of the commercial prerogative to support boohoo family of brands.
- Responsible for the continuous production capacity mapping of our UK supply chain.
- Ensure continuous focus on suppliers’ production efficiencies index to maximise the sustainability of their operations and the broader textiles manufacturing industry.
- Uphold and deliver boohoo group continuous improvement programmes such as building safety, worker welfare, training, education and support.
- Coordinate with central Sourcing and Compliance teams on the development and management of reports, dashboards, compliance software and other MIS tools.
- On-going development of internal compliance and audit programme / system & MIS development.
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- Significant ethical and compliance experience in working with brands/retailers in managing UK/International compliance / ethical trade programmes
- Candidate must have a strong background in Apparel/ Fashion/ Retail industry.
- Candidate must have a experience in Ethical, Environment & Technical audits such as ETI SMETA, BSCI, ISO 9001, ISO14001, ISO18001, QMS,
- Candidate must be flexible and willing to travel to factories as well as different regions as required.
- An analytical mind and a nuanced approach to appreciate the complexities of procedures and regulations and issues as they arise.
- Candidate must have excellent communication and inter-personal skills, reporting skills and have ability to provide comprehensive information to the business and liaise with internal & eternal stakeholders on a regular basis.
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work