As a Technical Manager you will have great people and organisational skills to build a bridge between technology, our business teams and the user experience.
You will be accountable for delivering the product roadmap as well as identifying and delivering any changes needed for improving the in-life performance of the applications.
You will create plans, communicate clearly and remove blockers so your multidisciplinary team can deliver the roadmap to the agreed time, quality and cost. You will be one of the primary points of contact between product management and technology teams and will hold a pivotal role in executing the technology strategy for the product.
We started out as one brand with only three team members in 2006, today we are now made up of 13 amazing brands and counting, we have offices all over the world and we've grown to a 6,000+ strong team we call our boohoo family - and we don’t plan on stopping yet. We have big ambitions, huge potential and a clear strategy to continually evolve and grow the business. It’s a seriously exciting time to join us and influence the next chapter of our success.
In Tech, we’re proud to support every brand and every function. We’re a digital-first company that is totally cloud-native. We embrace change and future-proof the business, delivering critical customer-facing and internal stakeholder facing systems. Everything from colleague tech to front-end websites and apps, buying and merchandising tooling and all that’s in-between, we take care of it. Our ideas support and drive the Group’s agenda.
What you will be doing:
- Own the IT applications and have an up-to-date understanding of the business processes and functions using them.
- Accountability for optimal estimations, ensuring on-time and quality delivery of the product roadmap.
- Monitor and ensure high quality product delivery alignment to agreed timelines and budgets.
- Plan the overall work of the application teams and proactively manage risks and dependencies.
- Drive best value for Boohoo in all vendor engagements and deliverables.
- Influence vendor direction and roadmap in line with Boohoo needs.
- Assure vendor estimates, delivery performance and quality.
- Influence sourcing strategy to enable Boohoo’s current and future commitments.
- Manage the product configuration and setup, establish a product knowledgebase and build a network of participants to support subject matter expertise driven activities.
- Contribute to ongoing Service Improvements Plans maintained by IT Service and implement agreed improvements.
- Ensure Service / Operational Readiness of the applications (including but not limited to application resilience, up-to-date operational documentation, monitoring capability, standard operating and recovery procedures)
- Act as a focal point on Security Standards, Policy and Compliance Status for the product.
- Expedite through governance and escalate unresolved risks as appropriate.
More about you
- Warehousing and Supply Chain technology and operational experience
- Experience in Warehouse Automation projects
- Knowledge of Carrier Integrations
- Understanding of Returns processing (Customer and Operational)
- Customs and Bonded Warehousing Knowledge - FTZ
- Experience of agile development/delivery teams and technical delivery management.
- A background contributing to the delivery of online retailing.
- A strong personality, well-informed opinions and able to take people on a journey with your ideas, but open to being convinced otherwise through discussion and debates with your teammates.
- Collaborative personality with strong influence skills with people across different levels and backgrounds.
- Be able to present your vision to stakeholders and the team.
- Passionate to learn and develop your skills.
- DAI – Dematic
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work