Performing business analysis in the early stages of a project to ensure the why, what, when and how much is understood.
We started out as one brand with only three team members in 2006, today we are now made up of 13 amazing brands and counting, we have offices all over the world and we've grown to a 6,000+ strong team we call our boohoo family - and we don’t plan on stopping yet. We have big ambitions, huge potential and a clear strategy to continually evolve and grow the business. It’s a seriously exciting time to join us and influence the next chapter of our success.
In Tech, we’re proud to support every brand and every function. We’re a digital-first company that is totally cloud-native. We embrace change and future-proof the business, delivering critical customer-facing and internal stakeholder facing systems. Everything from colleague tech to front-end websites and apps, buying and merchandising tooling and all that’s in-between, we take care of it. Our ideas support and drive the Group’s agenda.
What you’ll be doing
- Organising and facilitating the required meetings and workshops to support project discovery and delivery
- Employing route cause analysis tools to understand a problem
- Using various analytic skills and tools to quantify a problem
- Documenting the as-is and to-be processes
- Lead requirements elaboration during the low-level design and build of the solution whilst ensuring the business is fully informed and any business-related activities are coordinated alongside any IT deliverables
- Ownership of the requirements document, ensuring that the right stakeholders have been engaged and requirements have been documented and considered at the right level
- Ensuring scope and requirements are sufficiently understood
- Working with technical and warehouse operation SMEs to break down requirements and develop tasks and acceptance criteria
- Working with the IT solution architect and development leads in the production of an IT Solution Design ensuring that proposed solutions are aligned with IT strategy yet meet business expectations.
- Working as part of a Development Team to ensure costs, timescales and any feasibility constraints are sufficiently understood and conveyed to the business
- Ensuring requirement traceability is maintained throughout the development lifecycle and that any scope changes are sufficiently managed
- Ensuring consistent analysis standards are used across projects and any cross-project dependencies are sufficiently identified and managed
- Actively influencing and contributing to the on-going development of ISD analysis approaches, methods, and standards
- Contributing to the review and introduction of industry best practice, tools and techniques
- Ensuring that deliverables are produced according to plans and departmental quality standards
More about you
- Organised, self-starter who is able to proactively engage with the business to produce outputs without the need for micromanagement.
- Enthusiastic and personable
- Able to react quickly and get to the root cause of a problem
- Can quickly understand and document effectively, complex business and IT processes
- Able to establish strong stakeholder relationships across the entire business
- Able to articulate and communicate with all levels of the business
- Has the ability to be able to refine requirements and issues in a way that can be understood at different levels e.g. developers, architects the business etc.
- Can critically analyse and problem solve, and can actively participate in workshops and meetings where solutions are being talked through
- Can advise the project team on the right tools and methodologies to be utilised in the discovery and delivery phases
- Can effectively process model, and document Systems Use Cases that describe key business processes
- Able to properly define acceptance criteria to support in the effective testing of requirements
- Has the ability to collaborate effectively with end users to ensure solutions are designed with the end user in mind
- Experience of Supply Chain, Operations and Warehouse Management Systems
- Agile delivery experience and requirements – essential
- Waterfall delivery experience and requirements – essential
- Experience in Six Sigma or other project methodology tools and techniques – desirable
- Wide range of project experience – essential
- Experience in change tracking tools - Jira and Collaboration tools like Confluence, Slack, etc.
- Understanding of technology environments, integration, and software development
.Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work!!