Reporting to the Application Support Lead within IT Operations in the Boohoo Technology Group. The application support engineer will be based at the Pennsylvania warehouse. The Application Support Engineer will provide support for internal users within the Boohoo Group by way of escalation of incidents and support requests using the Boohoo Group Standard IT Service Management Tool. You will be a key player in the team of application support who will be responsible to support all the warehouse management systems used by the Boohoo group.
Successful candidates will also act as Technical Subject Matter Experts for IT Service Management, representing Support on technical calls with both internal and external partners.
We started out as one brand with only three team members in 2006, today we are now made up of 13 amazing brands and counting, we have offices all over the world and we've grown to a 6,000+ strong team we call our boohoo family - and we don’t plan on stopping yet. We have big ambitions, huge potential and a clear strategy to continually evolve and grow the business. It’s a seriously exciting time to join us and influence the next chapter of our success.
In Tech, we’re proud to support every brand and every function. We’re a digital-first company that is totally cloud-native. We embrace change and future-proof the business, delivering critical customer-facing and internal stakeholder facing systems. Everything from colleague tech to front-end websites and apps, buying and merchandising tooling and all that’s in-between, we take care of it. Our ideas support and drive the Group’s agenda.
What you’ll be doing
- Bridge between the warehouse operations, 3PL partner and the WMS service provider.
- Coordinate with teams and resolve all application and system issues.
- Understanding of integration methods and resolving integration issues.
- Resolve application issues, provide updates, and perform root cause analysis.
- Recreate production issues in the non-production environment and fix/propose a fix.
- Proactively configure system alerts and maintain the alert catalogue.
- Analyze system alerts and provide resolutions.
- Perform problem management on reoccurring application issues and provide resolution.
- Execute and propose the workaround for the issues which are pending eradication.
- Writing standard operating procedures for the 1st/2nd line and/or business/operations users
- Implement continuous improvement processes and a “User Centric” culture within all Support teams.
- To be aware of system management/server requirements including capacity, performance, work management, patch management, version control, security, backup & recovery, utilities, and Networking.
- Work collaboratively to maintain good working relations with 3rd line internal support groups and external 3rd parties
- Test application-related fixes and sign off before deploying them into the production environment
- Maintain UAT, Test and training environments wherever applicable
- Support on a call-out rota, as required, providing out-of-hours support where applicable.
More about you
- Working knowledge in Logistics, supply chain and/or e-commerce business.
- Good incident, change, problem management skills
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- To be able to work as part of a team, on more than one task concurrently, to tight deadlines
- To have proven formal documentation skills.
- To be articulate and able to communicate technical issues to all levels of management
- Thorough understanding of Client / Server communications on multisite networks
- Good to have ITIL Foundation qualification
- SQL/MySQL (Essential)
- Clear understanding of the Integration platform (e.g. ESB) (Essential)
- Exposure to AWS technologies (Preferred)
- Working experience in any warehouse management system and/or carrier management system (Preferred)
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our bonus schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Medical, Dental and Eye Care Insurance
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level