As an Assistant Buyer at boohoo you'll be innovative, driven and will thrive in a fast-paced environment. You'll be responsible for driving the success of the department within boohoo. This will include constantly reviewing the critical path to ensure that department targets as well as deliveries are met on time and inline with the brand's strategy. This role is based from our central Manchester office in the heart of the Northern Quarter.
We’re boohoo, and we’re a brand on a mission. We want to be everything for fashion, for everyone. Customers count on us for the latest trends, collections and inspiration so they can have the wardrobe of their dreams. But we care about more than just fashion. We champion wellbeing and sustainability too. Dropping over 500 new products a week means our customers have choice, can look their best, feel confident and be empowered.
Our vision is simple. We want to give our incredible customers what they want, when they want it. Our unique test and repeat model is the secret to our success. We travel the world and buy small quantities across a wide range – this lets us see what customers like, then we buy more. Seeing the popularity of our choices and products gives us a feeling of satisfaction and a job well done. We admit it’s addictive and a real source of pride for us.
What you'll be doing
- Managing a BAA on critical path and OPO management to ensure department targets are achieved and deliveries on time.
- Negotiating cost prices to achieve best prices and meet department BIM.
- Understanding open costings including fabric prices, consumption and fit amend implications.
- Awareness of department strategy, frameworks and OTB with the support of buyer/JB and merchandising team.
- Accountable for checking new in product daily to ensure all details of each product are correct online.
- Ownership of fit sessions and actioning fit comments direct to suppliers.
We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We want you to think big. Think trends. Be bold. Be brave.
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- Experience within a previous buying role.
- Comfortable working at pace. Agility is something you pride yourself on.
- A team player. Someone who enjoys going above and beyond to support others in the team where needed, especially during peak times.
- Passionate about all things boohoo.
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work.
#LI-SP1 #productmanagement #strategy