You will be responsible for leading the strategy and overall management of the boohoo global affiliate programs across several markets. You will manage the boohoo internal Affiliate team and work closely with the Affiliate Network account teams to align the channel with business goals and targets by market.
We’re boohoo, and we’re a brand on a mission. We want to be everything for fashion, for everyone. Customers count on us for the latest trends, collections and inspiration so they can have the wardrobe of their dreams. But we care about more than just fashion. We champion wellbeing and sustainability too. Dropping over 500 new products a week means our customers have choice, can look their best, feel confident and be empowered.
Marketers for the boohoo group have a reputation for being disruptors. We like that. When it comes to all things brand awareness and e-commerce, we’re not afraid to be brave. Each of our teams is the voice of their own brand, so we utilise creative campaigns, social media and influencer outreach, PR & Comms, and events. On the e-commerce side of things, we drive traffic to our online stores and generate sales through affiliate marketing, paid media, CRM and SEO. Everything goes towards achieving our mission to be a global fashion e-commerce leader.
What you'll be doing
- Owning and developing the channel’s strategy to ensure we maintain a “best in class” approach, setting high standards for the team, group & wider industry.
- Responsible for effectively executing the channel’s global, annual budget with regular forecasting and updates to Senior Head of Marketing
- Lead direct reports in the team to execute activity, driving forward the channel in a passionate manner & continuously giving them opportunity for learning & development
- Leading the day-to-day management and optimisation of boohoo Affiliate accounts across global markets
- Monitor and analyse performance against key KPIs and make suggestions for optimisation
- Quarterly planning with key partners/ networks to keep the strategy focused and refreshed
- Attend weekly marketing and digital meetings to understand the wider business performance and how the channel can support taking away key actions
- Initiate and implement ideas to grow affiliate activities across the different markets in line with the needs of the business and KPI targets
- Work closely with the Finance team to plan and manage the Affiliate promotions schedule – strategizing promotional offers based on business and profit performance
- Test and trial tactics – Review of new affiliates or new technologies and identify those which are fitting to grow the affiliate programmes
- Lead commercial negotiations with new and existing partners, working with procurement and the wider group where needed
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure that all Affiliate marketing activity is tracked, and reported on, correctly
- Oversee the management of validation process and approve invoices
- Regularly audit the Affiliate channel to identify gaps and opportunities
- Strategic management of wider/larger partnerships such as Student partners and influencer networks
- Partnership vetting, identifying non-compliant activity and recognizing the necessary actions to take
- Immerse yourself in industry news and developments. Be the voice of Affiliate marketing within the business
- Be fully competent in all technical aspects of the channel’s functionality, including being aware of new technology or upcoming changes which may impact
- Proficient with wider partnership opportunities, utilising a plethora of partners to drive sales revenue growth via efficient spend and/or drive ancillary revenue into the business
- Collaborate with teams across the business (Marketing, Business Intelligence, Finance etc.) to align Affiliate marketing with wider priorities and objectives.
- Build and utilise relationships with the wider Boohoo Group (Procurement, Legal, Affiliate teams etc.)
- Build strong relationships with teams from the affiliate network and/or other external partners to drive the channel forward
- Provide support and training to junior members of the affiliate team, conducting 1-1’s, annual reviews and input to development plans. Provide members of the wider marketing team/ business support to help them understand the affiliate channel
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- Previous experience in an Affiliate Marketing role/ Digital Marketing role at a Manager level
- Team player – able to collaborate across functions
- Team management experience
- Digital awareness – experience and understanding of how digital channels can work together and how these may cross over into the affiliate channel
- Initiative – able to think outside of the box and solve problems
- Organised and Time Management – Task prioritisation of own workload and that of the teams
- Pro-active and positive attitude
- Driven and goal orientated
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent understanding of digital Key Performance Indicators
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strategic mindset
- Ability to review commercial proposals and negotiate to ensure cost efficiency for the channel
- Perform well under pressure and deliver results in difficult situations
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
#LI-ZB1 #marketing #strategy #creative #LI-HYBRID