As a Junior Buyer you will be working closely with the Senior Buyers and Buying Manager to build the most successful Petite and Tall ranges for Boohoo. Within the last months our buying team has continued to grow due to the continued focus on bringing the best on trend products to our customers. We know our customers want great fashion – now – and our connection with them is nothing like you’ll have ever experienced before.
We don’t call ourselves the boohoo family for nothing – you can feel the buzz and atmosphere as soon as you walk into the Manchester city centre office. Creativity flows from person to person and across our departments, helping us create the empowered movement of love, inclusion, equality and acceptance behind our brand. We encourage everyone to be themselves, and if you bring your best self to work every day, you truly have the power to make a difference and contribute to our brand's success.
As a Buying team, we want to give our incredible customers what they want, when they want it. We elevate our products, travel the world seeking inspiration and build relationships with suppliers from all over the globe. We elevate boohoo, and our unique test and repeat model is the secret to our success. We’re the team to turn to for collaboration and bringing a product to life.
What you'll be doing
- Involved in decision making during the product development process- seeing products come to life!
- Completes all weekly tasks with reference to daily/weekly sales, as well as longer term plans.
- Ownership of your own area from first initial concept all the way to final seal of the product.
- Monitors stock covers on single lines.
- Reports and effectively communicates all key information in trading meeting to buyer and director level.
- Generates ideas and suggestion to impact the business with reference to promotions and mark downs.
- Provides SWOT analysis on designated categories every 6 weeks.
- Develops basic understanding of WSSI by close cooperation with buyer and merchandising team.
- Responds to competitor analysis
- Supports buyers with the development of more junior team members.
- Supports senior buyers to develop new strategies for the business and department.
- Completes buying trips as needed- both in the UK and internationally.
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
As a Junior Buyer you will have a positive, can-do attitude with the ability to work to tight deadlines. You will have excellent industry knowledge, be current and ahead at identifying trends and commercial wins for the brand.
- Experience working at Senior Assistant Buyer or existing Junior Buyer level within a retail sector
- Always looks to improve the department’s operation and increase knowledge of own and related job functions.
- Ability to look into the detail as well as the bigger picture, especially by working collaboratively as a team and being a team player at all costs.
- You juggle all your priorities effortlessly and never let the ball drop.
- You are always coming up with new ideas and initiatives to make the department better.
- Your always ahead at spotting trends and commercial wins for the business.
- Your happy to be based in our Manchester office a minimum of 4 days a week.
WHY JOIN US
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Opportunity to take part in Learning and Development training- expanding your knowledge on areas outside of your day to day.
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes- where your impact on the business will also impact you!
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- Our social calendar? Next level!
- Opportunity to progress both within your brand and also internally across our 12 other fashion brands!
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe, we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
#LI-SP1 #productmanagement #strategy