This a new role for the business due to consistently strong sales and headcount growth. As the Design Manager your primary function will be to support the Head of Design and lead the Design team to deliver sell out collections for boohooMAN across both short and long lead product working with both local and international supply bases. You will have a clear understanding of the boohooMAN customer and support commercial targets and the strategy of the design department and the brand.
Our menswear collections and ground-breaking campaigns have taken the market by storm. We want to be the world’s number one streetwear brand, and our affordable and accessible looks have allowed us to push boundaries and bring the latest styles to life. We focus on our customer’s style and confidence, setting trends and offering choice.
We design and influence everything boohooMAN buys, so we’re a vital part of the brand’s identity. We’re there when inspiration strikes, looking at research and future-trend forecasts to see what our customers want to buy. We want our brands to be trendsetters, and we’re proud to be industry leaders with the freedom to shape our brands and push boundaries.
What you'll be doing
- Working with the Head of Design to set an inspiring vision for the future, leading the way and effectively translating and communicating this to the teams.
- Deputising for the Head of Design when needed.
- Experienced in leading a team, managing performance, coaching & developing them, having a clear succession plan in place, and maintaining our PACT values and boohooMAN culture.
- Setting objectives and projects supervising all work produced. Managing the day to day operations ensuring the team complete work in line with supplier lead times and deliver design KPIs
- You will oversee and manage multiple departments, keeping the categories fresh.
- Ability to lead new business opportunities as they emerge in the market, anticipating the needs of the boohooMAN customer, using sales data, customer profile analytics and trend research to deliver commercial product ranges.
- Bringing a collaborative energy and actively leading design events.
- Ability to work with the senior buying and merchandising teams to lead department budgets, forecasts, and frameworks.
- Contribute to business wide initiatives and projects, positively influencing and championing change working with product, QC, Studio, Marketing, and other departments when necessary.
- Responsible for looking at category sales, trading messages and ensuring areas are consistently performing across the business.
- Lead supplier relationships and design direction across multiple departments focusing on hit rate and pricing. Always looking for opportunities to use sustainable materials wherever possible.
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- Comfortable working at pace. Agility is something you pride yourself on.
- Proven leadership and management experience,
- A team player: someone who enjoys going above and beyond to support others in the team where needed, especially during peak times as well as build strong internal stakeholder relationships.
- Someone who can take direction but also challenge and influence the senior leadership team when required.
- For fashion, we never follow trends; we set them. Are you a trend leader?
- We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We want you to think big. Think creativity. Be bold. Be brave.
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe, we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
#design #creative #LI-ER1