We are on the hunt for a strong Merchandiser to work closely with the Senior Merchandiser and Head of Merchandising here at boohooMAN. Leading a team of AM's and MAA's, you will take responsibility for planning & trading your own department and driving sales.
This is a trading focussed, highly collaborative role that works on the boohoo test and repeat model and rebuy strategy. You will work closely with the Buying team and present weekly to the Senior Leadership team.
We are boohooMAN. Our menswear collections and ground-breaking campaigns have taken the market by storm. We want to be the world’s number one streetwear brand, and our affordable and accessible looks have allowed us to push boundaries and bring the latest styles to life. We focus on our customer’s style and confidence, setting trends and offering choice.Since 2006, we’ve been known for being affordable with directional looks, but we want to be known for more. We’re a brand on a mission.
In Merchandising, we have over 30,000 styles on-site at any time, so we’re a team with big responsibilities and an even bigger reputation. We live and breathe data, trends and fashion so we can be the global market leader, always first to market. We’re self-proclaimed pioneers of the test and repeat model, so it’s all about having the right stock, in the right place, at the right time. Our Merchandisers work closely with the buying teams to plan and build the ranges taking control of stock levels to maximise sales and profit.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Responsibility for the WSSI, driving out key findings based on performance. Reviewing consistently in line with trading performance
- Planning of budgets by category, option count, and depth of buy based on the overall business and financial goals of the company
- Review’s sales forecasts based on performance, and actions re forecasts
- Analyse and monitor best and worst sellers and makes informed recommendations for action as well as recommends promotions and re buys as necessary
- Monitors and maintains buying margin and gross profit margins as requested.
- Is aware of current and emerging best practice within merchandising/buying and makes recommendations to the business via Head of Merchandising as appropriate
- Ensures productive relationship between merchandising/buying functions and all other business areas to ensure goals achieved, specifically the design and accounts teams
- Delivers key information at the right time, to the right people, and presents when necessary, at high level meetings as requested by Senior Management
- Responsible for ensuring that suppliers are managed ethically and fairly by all direct reports
- Demonstrates a strong level of commercial awareness which considers customer profile, competitor activity and developments with the wider marketplace
- Drives team development through regular catch ups and reviews
- Develops and presents a strong succession plan with a clear team strategy
WORKING WITH US
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Experience working at Merchandiser level in a fast-paced retail business
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify key market product trends and emerging opportunities in line with the customer profile
- Comfortable in presenting and communicating to senior management
- Experience in leading and developing junior team members
- Good organisational and planning skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Self-starter and able to work both independently and as a team player
- Intermediate to advanced Excel ability
WHY JOIN US:
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off all our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work