As an Assistant Merchandiser you'll be responsible for using relevant data to ensure the sales volume is optimised for your department. Through this you will support the planning of budgets by category, option count, and depth of buy based on the overall business and financial goals of the company. By ensuring that best sellers are reaching their full potential, you will keep the performance of products on track for success.
We’re Burton. Our hallmark of value and style began when we were founded more than 100 years ago. Our vision is to deliver our fashion at the right price, and we’ve revitalised our collections to reflect the modern man. They consist of a curated selection of suits and modern essentials – real fashion-forward pieces, always at accessible prices so that every man can look and feel great.
In Merchandising, we have over 30,000 styles on-site at any time, so we’re a team with big responsibilities and an even bigger reputation. We live and breathe data, trends and fashion so we can be the global market leader, always first to market. We’re self-proclaimed pioneers of the test and repeat model, so it’s all about having the right stock, in the right place, at the right time.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Using data to optimise the sales volume and profitability of all designated product areas
- Supporting planning of budgets by category, option count, and depth of buy based on the overall business and financial goals of the company
- Controls stock levels based on weekly sales and stock intakes (WSSI)
- Reviews sales forecasts based on performance, and actions re forecasts.
- Analyses and monitors best and worst sellers and makes informed recommendations for action
- Recommends promotions and re buys as necessary
- Monitors and maintains buying margin and gross profit margins as requested.
- Ensures that best sellers reach their full potential
- Supplies the Head of Merchandising and buying team with necessary data to enable informed decisions.
WORKING WITH US
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Experience within a previous merchandising role.
- Passionate about being an ambassador for the brand.
- A team player. Someone who enjoys going above and beyond to support others in the team where needed, especially during peak times.
- Always striving to improve not only themselves, but the department’s operation. Outside the box thinking.
We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We want you to think big. Think analytically. Be bold. Be brave.
WHY JOIN US
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work.