An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate Junior Graphic Designer to join the Debenhams design function and be part of a team delivering market leading creative across all media. Reporting to the Senior Graphic Designer and working very closely with the wider design team, the role is pivotal in ensuring that all concepts are exemplary in their design and delivered with consistency across all channels. You’ll need to be obsessed with design and focused on delivering a consistent brand look and feel.
As an established and much-loved household name, you know all about our high street roots and bricks and mortar stores. Now, we’re looking to the future. Since 2021, we’ve embraced some changes. We joined the boohoo group and have transformed into a primarily digital brand. Our vision is to be the UK’s leading online department store and make our mark on the international market. We strive to become the number one destination for fashion, beauty and home. That’s why we need you.
In the Creative team, we’re brand guardians and proud to shape the direction of every brand in the Group – we elevate products and make sure every individual brand is a fashion powerhouse. The projects and possibilities are endless because anything goes! We create connections and give each brand character so that what we put out into the world can become part of our customers’ daily lives. Everything we do is seen by millions of customers across web, social, email, campaigns, PR and events.
What you'll be doing
- Conceptualise promotions and design across channel
- Design on brand email templates and graphics for social media
- Presentations for management
- Creative brand focussed content creation for marketing
- Design for on site, for example; Homepage, Landing Pages and any additional content
- Create and manage file archives
- Create and manipulate digital typography
- Design printed graphics for PR and Marketing
- Create fresh, on-brand and original design
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- Creative awareness and an ability to combine an innovative approach with commercial ideas
- Proficient in adobe suite
- Flexible and enjoy working in a high pace, fast moving and changing environment
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good networker and communicator and the capacity to build strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to work with others and able to influence and communicate effectively.
- Commitment, drive and self-motivation
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work