An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Graphic Designer to lead and develop Debenhams.com design team in delivering innovative, customer focused, cutting-edge creative across all digital platforms. We are looking for a highly experienced and talented individual, tuned in to the latest creative movements and strong skill set to bring Debenhams.com the brand personality to life.
Reporting to the Head of Creative, the role is responsible for the management and development of a team of 4 Graphic Designers and is supported by a Traffic Manager and Copy Writers. The role works very closely with the marketing and ecommerce teams as well as the wider creative team and the rest of the business at all levels.
We’re Debenhams, an established and much-loved household name. We’re known for our impressive fashion, beauty and homewares offering – we’ve become a truly unstoppable digital brand. We aim to be the UK’s leading online department store and expand internationally.
What you'll be doing
- Continuously look to evolve and improve the creative aesthetic of the Debenhams brand in order to keep it at the forefront of the creative zeitgeist.
- Working closely with the Head of Creative and designers to take concepts and develop them across all touch points.
- Implement and review new systems and procedures with the Traffic Manager to improve daily workflow and effective planning of upcoming jobs.
- Work closely with the Head of Creative to ensure that all design work is in line with Debenhams brand strategy.
- Act as a brand guardian to ensure creative output is consistent across all multi-channel touch points.
- Manage and develop a team of 4 graphic designers.
- Develop creative for all ad-hoc and seasonal projects e.g. press events etc.
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- Creative awareness and an ability to combine an innovative approach with commercial ideas
- Proficient in adobe suite
- Flexible and enjoy working in a high pace, fast moving and changing environment
- Excellent organisation and project management skills
- Good networker and communicator and the capacity to build strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Experience of presenting to Senior Management.
- Ability to work with others and able to influence and communicate effectively across all levels
- Excellent people management skills
- Commitment, drive and self motivation
- Experience in working with and managing creative designers
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
#LI-ZB1 #marketing #creative #design #LI-HYBRID