Debenhams is looking for a Business Development Manager to join the Marketplace team. You will be joining a growing team that works alongside the Marketplace Seller Onboarding and Support team to drive growth of our marketplace proposition.
As an established and much-loved household name, you know all about our high street roots and bricks and mortar stores. Now, we're looking to the future. Since 2021, we've embraced some changes. We joined the boohoo group and have transformed into a primarily digital brand. Our vision is to be the great British digital department store and make our mark on the international market. We strive to become the number one destination for fashion, beauty and home. Our growing marketplace proposition plays a crucial role in fulfilling our vision. That's why we need you.
You will be reporting to the Marketplace Development Director and will be managing a team of 2 x Associate Partner Managers and 2 x Business Development Assistants.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Own the seller identification, recruitment, and onboarding funnel across key product categories on our marketplace
- Responsible for identifying and building key internal and external relationships to support marketplace growth initiatives across our own marketplace as well as support with building out presence for our own brands on other leading marketplace platforms
- Work closely with the marketplace seller onboarding and support team to ensure seamless new seller launches
- Engage with our key seller portfolio to ensure we are constantly unlocking opportunity for them to scale and grow on our marketplace
- Agree and implement collaborative join growth plans
- Commercial negotiation with sellers
- Build strong working relationships with key internal stakeholder groups (ecommerce, marketing, legal) as well as external groups
- Act as a strong ambassador for the Debenhams Marketplace
- Train and mentor the team
- Experienced business development professional with previous exposure to marketplaces (ideal) or buying and category management in ecommerce or consulting
- ‘Can-do’ entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills with history of establishing key partnerships and influencing at senior stakeholder level
- Good management skills to support the growing business development function
- Ideally 5-7yrs experience doing the above
WHY JOIN US
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. As marketplace side of the business evolves, it offers good scope for progression.
Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work