An exciting opportunity to develop social executions from the ground up. Focusing on developing and strengthening the businesses brand awareness, digital presence and driving social media growth. This role will act as Debenhams Social Media Executive, specialising in fashion social media content communications with focused attention on supporting and creating social content strategy & activations, monitoring performance, and creating and scheduling content across multiple social channels. This person will support driving the KPIs and commerce through the power of social, playing a pivotal part in the brand marketing team.
The role is carried out in support of the overall marketing strategy and goals. This involves working closely with the internal marketing, creative, and communications team to deliver creative, social-first seamless activations, driving growth and commercial KPIs.
As an established and much-loved household name, you know all about our high street roots and bricks and mortar stores. Now, we’re looking to the future. Since 2021, we’ve embraced some changes. We joined the boohoo group and have transformed into a primarily digital brand. Our vision is to be the UK’s leading online department store and make our mark on the international market. We strive to become the number one destination for fashion, beauty and home. That’s why we need you.
Marketers for the boohoo group have a reputation for being disruptors. We like that. When it comes to all things brand awareness and e-commerce, we’re not afraid to be brave. Each of our teams is the voice of their own brand, so we utilise creative campaigns, social media and influencer outreach, PR & Comms, and events. On the e-commerce side of things, we drive traffic to our online stores and generate sales through affiliate marketing, paid media, CRM and SEO. Everything goes towards achieving our mission to be a global fashion e-commerce leader.
What you'll be doing
- Coordinate content across all social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok and other relevant platforms.
- Work alongside relevant teams to publish all content to channels on a daily basis in line with Marketing & Trade calendars whilst remaining agile to product and promotional changes.
- Assist with generating creative ideas for social first-content including campaign assets, real-time videos and copy.
- Create relevant re-active assets for campaigns across the social platforms.
- Curate image library to leverage across social media assets – Pinterest boards, graphics, feed fillers.
- Plan campaign projects, content strategy, content creation, and community management.
- Work as part of marketing team to develop new social initiatives to drive KPI’s i.e partnerships, competitions, giveaways, influencer content.
- Build great relationships across the business including buying, merchandising, digital, and marketing to ensure all product, trade and design messages are relevant and timely.
- Continuously monitor UGC from influencers, micro-influencers & fan community, selecting key posts for approval & inclusion of social plan.
- Engages in social media presence across all platforms to drive brand and assist build community i.e press, blogs, influencers and customers.
- Ensure regular communication with our audiences to build brand trust and loyalty.
- Analyse and report on success on a weekly, monthly and seasonal basis including future recommendations to test.
- Support wider marketing team with report presentations and post-campaign analysis and reporting.
- Monitor competitor activity and social trends on a weekly basis to ensure brand remains relevant.
- Brief the customer services team with clear guidelines and regular contact to ensure that their communication with customers is on brand and relevant to each social channel. When required, assist with the monitoring and answering of all customer service related questions.
- Brief the creative team and manage end-to-end assets. from brief to posting, on assigned content streams
- Creating social first content by capturing BTS, Instagram reels, TikToks and styling videos on campaign and internal shoots.
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- Social media experience, ideally in fashion or home across IG, FB, Pinterest and Twitter. Focus on IG and TikTok is essential.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Expert in the fashion landscape and have a strong knowledge of the fashion industry
- Ability to work under pressure and at a fast pace.
- Excellent English, written and verbal communication skills. Understanding of SEO copy is viewed as a plus.
- Proficiency with social software’s i.e Facebook Business Manager / Dash Hudson
- Experience in creating social media proposals across BAU and campaigns.
- Good analytical understanding to organise and interpret data. Proficient in Microsoft Office and basic knowledge of Google Analytics
- Proficiency skills with Photoshop – image and video editing.
- Passionate about fashion,
- Understanding on paid functionalities across social platforms viewed as a plus
- A sound understanding of social media industry and platforms
- A creative mind, thinking innovatively when it comes to social media and content campaigns
- Organised and process-driven approach to work
- Thrives in a fast paced and agile environment
- Strong communicator both internally and externally
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, happy to get involved in a variety of activities
- Team player, working with teams across the business
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
#LI-ZB1 #marketing #strategy #creative #LI-HYBRID