We are looking for a Copy Manager to join our Debenhams team. An integral part of the Brand Marketing team, the main purpose of this role is to manage and maintain the voice of Debenhams, Dorothy Perkins, Wallis, Burton, Oasis & Coast across all touchpoints, delivering creative yet commercially minded copy and content for product descriptions, email, social channels, homepage and press releases (and that’s just the beginning!).
As an established and much-loved household name, you know all about our high street roots and bricks and mortar stores. Now, we’re looking to the future. Since 2021, we’ve embraced some changes. We joined the boohoo group and have transformed into a primarily digital brand. Our vision is to be the UK’s leading online department store and make our mark on the international market. We strive to become the number one destination for fashion, beauty and home. That’s why we need you.
Marketers for the boohoo group have a reputation for being disruptors. We like that. When it comes to all things brand awareness and e-commerce, we’re not afraid to be brave. Each of our teams is the voice of their own brand, so we utilise creative campaigns, social media and influencer outreach, PR & Comms, and events. On the e-commerce side of things, we drive traffic to our online stores and generate sales through affiliate marketing, paid media, CRM and SEO. Everything goes towards achieving our mission to be a global fashion e-commerce leader.
What you'll be doing
- Leading the copywriting team and setting the standard for all copy for Debenhams, globally.
- Create concepts and copy for the highest-profile campaigns and projects, ensuring they are aligned with brand strategy and company objectives.
- Take ownership of the brand tone of voice and style, developing further guidelines and training to empower colleagues to use it consistently to differentiate kevin. in all markets.
- Oversee all aspects of day-to-day copy planning, production, and Debenhams to the highest standards.
- Establish effective workflows, tools, and policies to ensure efficient delivery of all copy and ensure it’s on-brand..
- Manage, inspire, and develop the junior copywriters
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Brand Marketing team
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- Senior level of experience in copywriting
- Experience managing a team of copywriters.
- Be a team player and collaborator who can also work independently.
- Proven experience in owning, developing, and championing brand tone of voice and style
- Excellent written English with editorial awareness and meticulous sub-editing skills
- A proven ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong idea generation
- Team player who can manage their own workload
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
#LI-LF1 #marketing #strategy #creative #LI-HYBRID