Debenhams is a part of the Boohoo family and is looking for an SEO Executive to join the performance marketing team. This is key role within the team and reports into the SEO Manager. You’ll be responsible for the execution of the SEO strategy for Debenhams, Coast, Dorothy Perkins, Oasis, Wallis, Burton, MissPap, and Warehouse. You will work across the brands to improve organic search rankings, increase website traffic, and enhance the brands online presence. Your expertise in SEO will play a pivotal role in driving the success of our digital marketing campaigns.
This is a fixed term contract for 9-12 months and we are ideally looking for someone to start in January.
As an established and much-loved household name, you know all about our high street roots and bricks and mortar stores. Now, we’re looking to the future. Since 2021, we’ve embraced some changes. We joined the boohoo group and have transformed into a primarily digital brand. Our vision is to be the UK’s leading online department store and make our mark on the international market. We strive to become the number one destination for fashion, beauty and home. That’s why we need you.
Marketers for the boohoo group have a reputation for being disruptors. We like that. When it comes to all things brand awareness and e-commerce, we’re not afraid to be brave. Each of our teams is the voice of their own brand, so we utilise creative campaigns, social media and influencer outreach, PR & Comms, and events. On the e-commerce side of things, we drive traffic to our online stores and generate sales through affiliate marketing, paid media, CRM and SEO. Everything goes towards achieving our mission to be a global fashion e-commerce leader.
What you'll be doing
- Execute the SEO strategy in our core markets to drive organic traffic, revenue, and visibility
- Perform keyword research in line with key product buys and seasonality to identify new high traffic keywords and opportunities for growth
- Analyse keyword trends and competitors to develop data-driven SEO strategies and gaps for growth
- Optimise existing and new website content, meta tags, and structure to improve search engine visibility and user experience across all pages across the sites, from category and subcategory pages to product pages, landing pages and blog posts
- Work with internal copy team and AI solutions to set up, review, and ensure copy across the site is optimised according to keyword research
- Monitor and maintain the backlink profile to ensure a healthy link profile
- Conduct technical site audits to identify and address SEO issues, such as crawlability, indexing, and site speed issues whilst working with web developers to implement improvements and fixes
- Track and report on SEO KPIs, such as organic traffic, revenue, keyword rankings and non-brand clicks
- Use analytical tools to provide insights and recommendations for ongoing improvement
- Stay updated with industry trends and search engine algorithm updates to adapt strategies accordingly
- Continuously seek opportunities to enhance your SEO knowledge and skills
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- SEO experience with a previous role in the fashion, beauty and/or home sector is beneficial
- Experience within ecommerce desirable
- Strong knowledge of technical SEO concepts and experience conducting technical site audits
- Solid understanding of on-page and off-page SEO techniques
- Understanding of recent history of Google algorithm updates
- Copywriting skills desirable, however strong verbal and written communication skills essential
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience using Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Experience using SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMrush, and Sistrix
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
#LI-LF1 #marketing #strategy #creative #LI-HYBRID