We are on the hunt for a strong Junior Merchandiser on a 9 month fixed term contract to work closely with the Senior Merchandiser and Head of Merchandising here at Karen Millen. Leading a team of AM's and MAA's, you will take responsibility for planning & trading your own department and driving sales.
This is a trading focussed, highly collaborative role that works on the boohoo test and repeat model and rebuy strategy. You will work closely with the Buying team and present weekly to the Senior Leadership team.
We have over 15,000 styles on-site at any time, so we’re a team with big responsibilities and an even bigger reputation. We live and breathe data, trends and fashion so we can be the global market leader, always first to market. We’re self-proclaimed pioneers of the test and repeat model, so it’s all about having the right stock, in the right place, at the right time.
What you’ll be doing
- Report and present in weekly and monthly trade meetings
- Drive the test and repeat model to trade their product area
- Own a category within the Karen Millen business and pro-actively manage the area from a sales, profitability and stock perspective
- Review daily and weekly sales performance and action rebuy and markdown where required
- Review over and under performance at product group level and drives trading actions to maximise potential and minimise risk
- Seeds and manages a WSSI by accurately forecasting demand, OTB, returns, AVSP and margin
- Takes ownership of the critical path management and takes appropriate action on issues when they arise
- As well as being competent in preparing trading reports/packs will also make recommendations for reporting improvements across the B&M function and implement
- Takes a strategic approach to driving their department forward through strategy and framework plans
- Continues to work closely Buying, QC and Design and strengthen supplier relationships
- Mentoring and coaching junior members of the team
- Fully aware of the principles and contribution to the overall Karen Millen business strategy
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
As a Junior Merchandiser you will be building effective and open relationships with all members of the buying and merchandising team, based on reliable, accurate and relevant data. You will be supporting the Head of Merchandising to ensure that the buying function is effectively controlled within the agreed business strategy, and that all necessary frameworks, controls and skill sets are in place to enable the necessary degree of both long term planning and in season trading to maximise business performance.
More about you
- Advanced excel
- Strong commercial awareness and business acumen
- A fashion eye and understanding of current trends and fashion that is driving the sales
- Excellent communicator
- Great organisation skills
- Is a true ambassador for the brand
- Attends training, meetings and other events as requested by direct manager or the senior leadership team
- Assists colleagues by completing tasks outside of own job role when requested, including supporting associated companies
- Always strives to improve the department’s operation and increase knowledge of own and related job function
- Lead by example as a positive, passionate and enthusiastic member of the team
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
#LI-HYBRID #LI-ER1 #strategy #analyst