Supporting the Lead photographer through delivering photography of garments and products on models and still life. Shooting to support the commercial and creative vision of Nasty Gal and to ultimately enhance conversion.
As a Photographer you should be highly motivated, with technical flair, excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude.
We value originality and innovation in the Studio here at Nasty Gal across all areas, whether that is styling, production, photography and film. We're on a journey that will take us to new and exciting places in the very near future and we want to take the best people with us.
We’re Nasty Gal. We serve vintage-inspired fashion for 20-something free spirits so they can truly be themselves. We live and breathe fashion and evolution. From our new own-label clothing, shoes and accessories to one-off custom vintage collections, we’re embracing our LA, rock’n’roll roots. We believe in using our superpowers for good and our platform to harness creativity.
What you'll be doing
- Involvement in the setup, direction and shoot of Nasty Gal products.
- Leading on set when directing models and retaining a balanced studio atmosphere in fast paced situations.
- Executing a high standard of photography to produce quality images ensuring the lighting/focus is appropriate for subject, with or without specific art direction.
- Execution of setting up lighting, composition, colour accuracy, and exposure for each shot.
- Working alongside onset stylists to create and adhere to composition guidelines.
- Adhering to tight deadlines.
- Will be required to complete ad-hoc offsite projects.
- Supporting the Lead photographer with running and maintaining the studio.
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- Commercial photography experience.
- The ability to give and receive feedback
- Understanding of contemporary photography styles
- Capture One software experience
- Keen interest in fashion and trends
- Strong eye for shot selection
- Confident on set when directing
- Team player with a confident personality
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work