We're on a journey, taking the best people with us and so are looking for an experienced Merchandiser to join our Nasty Gal team! Responsible for making sure the product sells the best, most profitably, our Merchandising team are the self-proclaimed pioneers of the test and repeat model. Liaising closely with other departments such as buying, working as a Merchandiser gives you opportunity to have a direct impact for one of the fastest growing international retailers! Show us who you are, join the team now!
In Merchandising, we live and breathe data, fashion, and product is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re self-proclaimed pioneers of the test and repeat model, so it’s all about having the right stock, in the right place, at the right time.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As a Merchandiser, you will be supporting the Head of Merchandising to ensure that the merchandising function is effectively controlled within the agreed business strategy, and that all necessary frameworks, controls and skill sets are in situ to enable the necessary degree of both long term planning and in season trading to maximise business performance.
- Using data to optimise the sales volume and profitability of all designated product areas
- Supporting planning of budgets by category, option count, and depth of buy based on the overall business and financial goals of the company
- Controls stock levels based on weekly sales and stock intakes (WSSI)
- Reviews sales forecasts based on performance, and actions re forecasts
- Analyses and monitors best and worst sellers and makes informed recommendations for action
- Monitors and maintains buying margin and gross profit margins as requested
- Ensures that best sellers reach their full potential
- Supplies the Merchandiser and buying team with necessary data to enable informed decisions and planning.
- Running reports from data systems for Monday Trade & presenting back key findings and actions to the whole team
- Supporting with day to day management of the MA & MAA roles to ensure their workload is prioritised correctly with the current needs of the business
WORKING WITH US
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Strong computer literacy skills – especially in Excel
- A solid understanding of WSSI
- Analytical skills – confident in working with and extract insight from data
- Strong decision making, time management skills and able to prioritise workload
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, prioritise effectively and keep up with the growing pace of the business
- Good commercial knowledge – specifically on wider marketplace and broader business
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail when managing booking dates and ensuring that intake and category targets are adhered to.
WHY JOIN US
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work.
#LI-SP1 #strategy #merchandising