As a Junior Buyer you will be working closely with the Senior Buyers to build the most successful ranges for Nasty Gal. In this role, you will be monitoring and maintaining stocks as per KPI’s set and manages open to buy accordingly, as well as working closely with the design team throughout the process to maintain effective communication and cooperation between the teams.
We’re Nasty Gal. We serve vintage-inspired fashion for 20-something free spirits so they can truly be themselves. We live and breathe fashion and evolution. From our new own-label clothing, shoes and accessories to one-off custom vintage collections, we’re embracing our LA, rock’n’roll roots. We believe in using our superpowers for good and our platform to harness creativity.
As a Buying team, we want to give our incredible customers what they want, when they want it. We elevate our brands, travel the world seeking inspiration and build relationships with suppliers from all over the globe, so we stay at the top of our game. We elevate our brands, and our unique test and repeat model is the secret to our success. We’re the team to turn to for collaboration and bringing a product to life.
What you'll be doing
- Completes all processes with reference to daily/weekly sales, as well as longer term plans
- Monitors stock covers on single lines
- Reports and effectively communicates all key information in trading meeting to buyer and director level
- Generates ideas and suggestion to impact the business with reference to promotions and mark downs
- Provides SWOT analysis on designated categories every 6 weeks
- Develops basic understanding of WSSI by close cooperation with buyer and merchandising team
- Responds to competitor analysis
- Supports buyers with the development of more junior team members
- Supports senior buyers to develop new strategies for the business and department
- Completes buying trips as needed
- Supports the Buyer with confirming and raising orders across other areas on the department.
- Oversees and manages the critical path for the department with the Junior members of team.
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
As a Junior Buyer you will have a positive, can-do attitude with the ability to work to tight deadlines. You will have excellent industry knowledge, be current and ahead at identifying trends and commercial wins for the brand.
- Experience working at Senior Assistant Buyer or existing Junior Buyer level within a retail sector
- Always looks to improve the department’s operation and increase knowledge of own and related job functions.
- Ability to look into the detail as well as the bigger picture, especially by working collaboratively as a team and being a team player at all costs.
- You juggle all your priorities effortlessly and never let the ball drop.
- You are always coming up with new ideas and initiatives to make the department better.
- Your always ahead at spotting trends and commercial wins for the business.
WHY JOIN US
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe, we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
#LI-SP1 #buying #productmanagement