We have a rare opportunity for a Merchandise Director who thrives in a fast paced, commercial environment but loves to work with design led, vintage inspired product.
We are looking for a Senior Director who will play a pivotal role in the Nasty Gal brand and work alongside the Product team to deliver the Brand Strategy. Your role will have a key focus on building the Brand and its image, strengthening market position and increasing profit.
The ideal candidate will already be operating at Director level; be an enthusiastic, adaptable leader and have the drive and passion to make an impact in a global fashion business.
We’re Nasty Gal. We serve vintage-inspired fashion for 20-something free spirits so they can truly be themselves. We live and breathe fashion and evolution. From our new own-label clothing, shoes and accessories to one-off custom vintage collections, we’re embracing our LA, rock’n’roll roots. We believe in using our superpowers for good and our platform to harness creativity
We’re a team with big responsibilities. We live and breathe data, trends and fashion so we can be the global market leader, always first to market. We’re self-proclaimed pioneers of the test and repeat model, so it’s all about having the right stock, in the right place, at the right time.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- To operate at both a strategic level and have a hands-on approach with overseeing the Merchandising team and delivering the Merchandising strategy for Nasty Gal.
- Foster a strong working relationship with and support the Product, Ecommerce, Marketing teams to ensure they deliver profitable departments irrespective of fluctuating trends.
- Play a key role in managing the Boards expectations, influencing and challenging them on business decisions as required.
- Work closely with the Head of Finance on a daily/weekly basis to react to trade at pace and agree the trading position for the weeks ahead in order to maximise profit.
- Set realistic expectations for Nasty Gal globally and influence them through a balance of numbers and instinct, being confident in your decisions in order to trade the brand effectively in the current climate.
- Remain close to trade and inspire the Merchandising team to challenge themselves to think differently and to react to trading patterns.
- Lead a high performing team with drive, energy and pace to deliver results for the brand.
- Work closely with your peers to communicate the trading strategy, and ensure they are bought into new ways of working.
- Support Creative with managing the Promo calendar, ensuring it’s kept up to date to aid future activity planning and that the Head of Merchandising works effectively to plan and manage all activity.
- With the team identify promotional/marketing opportunities and messages to grow sales for the brand both ahead of and within season.
- Develop a sound supplier/sourcing strategy with the Product Team, ensuring the brand develops and maintains strong partnerships with key suppliers and they are on board with our strategy and how best they can support it.
- With Management Team, communicate the Brand Manifesto ensuring this translates into understandable goals and targets.
- Attend key meetings with the Boohoo Group board.
People and Team:
- Leads and manages the merchandising function in a unified way, ensuring strong and effective working relationships are maintained throughout.
- Ensure the strategy is clear and that everyone is on board.
- Understands, communicates, and manages employees to achieve the goals of the organisation.
- Develops team succession planning to identify, select and develop people (talent) to meet future growth plans.
- Leads by example in all work-related activities, acting as a role model for employees.
WORKING WITH US
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
MORE ABOUT YOU
The Nasty Gal Merchandise Director will play a critical role in the success of our business. You will possess:
Strong Analytical Skills
Commercial Business Acumen
Strong Communication Skills
Product Knowledge & Creativity
WHY JOIN US
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- Yearly Bonus (% of salary)
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance - family cover
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off all our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe, we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
#LI-ER1 #Merchandising #productmanagement #director