Our Senior Assistant Merchandisers are dedicated, product focused, commercially sharp and critical in ensuring we have the right pieces to meet demand whilst keeping on point with the products we offer.
For the team at PrettyLittleThing, that weekend-every-day feeling is a perk of working for us, and it’s the kind of vibe we’re all used to and expect. Our unique way of working speaks for itself: we work hard, and we play hard. Here at PLT, we strive to fly the flag for love, equality, and acceptance, working to use our platform to spread nothing but good vibes. #EveryBODYinPLT is our community that is all about body positivity, equality and supporting each other.
What you'll be doing
- Wssi - Drives the maintenance of sub category WSSIs, actualising weekly, sending key actions to JM/Merchandiser based on performance/OTB as well as contributing to monthly forecasting.
- Communicates sub category performance with team to drive agreed weekly actions.
- Consistently reviews current Newness spend alongside Buying, suggesting ways to get back to Plan or proposing amends in line with performance.
- Drives the monthly/seasonal Lessons Learnt pack, taking responsibility for accuracy and completing high quality commentary on key points.
- Takes complete responsibility on the full trade pack on a weekly basis, driving out clear weekly trade actions for the team, adapting analysis and actions to the trading environment.
- Reviews sub category performance vs FC, demonstrating clear understanding around actions that need to be taken to optimise opportunity and manage risk.
- Utilises key lessons learnt to propose a clear and consistent strategy, working closely with Buying to highlight the risks and opportunities. Selecting key highlights/lowlights to analyse further and feeding this back to JM/Merchandiser.
- Independently reviews New Reactions, efficiently identifying ideal quantity and size ratio based on performance and supplier lead times. Considers all factors including duplication, seasonality and promotions when reviewing performance and requirements with Buying.
- Constantly reviews performance to forecast/seasonal plan, showing awareness of where the Category is tracking to target and supporting team as required. Summarises clearly for JM/ Merchandiser as necessary.
- Supports development of junior members of the team, managing workload, deadlines and daily tasks. Drives relevant updates of weekly planner, ensuring any ad-hoc jobs are delegated as required.
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles.
More about you
- Previous experience of working as an Assistant Merchandiser.
- Strong computer literacy skills – especially in Excel.
- A solid understanding of WSSI.
- Analytical skills – confident in working with and extract insight from data.
- Strong decision making, time management skills and able to prioritise workload.
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, prioritise effectively and keep up with the growing pace of the business.
- Good commercial knowledge – specifically on wider marketplace and broader business.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail when managing booking dates and ensuring that intake and category targets are adhered to.
Why join us
We know that as a company we are only as good as the people that we employ. We know our employees work tirelessly to make PLT the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- Free parking
- 25 days holiday
- Free on-site gym with daily classes (due to current restrictions, live PT sessions)
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Company shares schemes - including a ' Save As You Earn' scheme
- 40% staff discount (including PLT, Boohoo, Boohoo MAN, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events (including pay day drinks, Employee Appreciation Day etc.)
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare support through the Government
- Health cash plan
- Personal development opportunities to learn and grow at work
Hybrid Working Policy
PLT offers increased flexibility with working from the office and home in the form of our smart working policy. In brief each department has a set amount of days allocated to office time and working from home to ensure you get the best of both worlds.
Here at PLT we not only embrace diversity we celebrate it! We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we’re continuing to build an inclusive environment for our employees. We know we are better together, and we will continue to build a team that represents a variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
PLT want to give everybody the chance to perform their best whether that is during an interview or whilst at work. Should you require any reasonable adjustments please let the talent team know