This is a role at senior level within the Insight & Analytics team and reporting into the Head of Product Insight. Its purpose is to be a supportive peer to the functional leaders whilst also challenging, bringing new ideas and helping the business find clarity in their decisions.
As a Lead Insight Analyst, you will be responsible for working alongside the Brand leadership teams to unlock value through insight and analytics. You will help lead and coach a team of more junior insight analysts, helping them overcome technical challenges and expanding the depth of their commercial experience. In the absence of the Head of Product Insight, you will act as the substitute, leading on both team and stakeholder engagement.
This role will be discipline focused and this means you will have your own area to help lead, whilst also having the support of a network of peers, inclusive of the I&A and Data leadership team, with strategic support for the Head of Insight.
In BI, Data & Analytics, we’re the team in charge of the end-to-end data ingestion, curation, governance, real-time reporting, analytics and insights for the entire boohoo Group. We want to enable more automated data-driven decisions through Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. We work with real-time reporting, keeping the business up-to-date on the brands’ commercial performance hour by hour, every single day.
What you'll be doing
- Develop knowledge of all key activities across the brands and how those activities contribute to the overall success and performance of the business
- Aid in Leading and/or coaching a team of more junior insight analysts, helping them overcome technical challenges and expanding the depth of their commercial experience.
- Establish trusted & business criterial frameworks for measuring and monitoring key performance indictors
- Work on a vast range of data sources across the Group, supported by the data engineering team to ensure available data is as accurate and timely as possible
- Aid in the discipline’s data strategy and ensure it aligns with and is complimentary to the wider group data strategy
- Support test & learn programs across the discipline, helping structure tests, delivering insight into results & providing recommendations for next steps.
- Where insight is best implemented into operational workflows, you will work with the teams on the ground to help embrace new ways of working that centre around the use of data
- Work with your peers to share best practice across the brands. This includes understanding the nuances of the different brands and context around how data/analysis/workflows can result in different outcomes for each brand.
Working with us
To succeed here, you must love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- Experienced in analytics using a variety of query languages such SQL, Python and R
- Experienced in partnering with stakeholders to understand their challenges and then finding ways to use data to help them
- Comfortable using a variety BI tools (e.g., Qlik, Tableau, Power BI) to visualise your finding and help you tell stories with data
- History of leading and managing a successful team
- Highly numerate and commercially aware
- Project and stakeholder management with ability to work to tight deadlines
- Some exposure to statistical modelling would be great but not essential
- A background in the Consumer / Retail sector preferred with some understanding of how Ecommerce businesses work
- Team player, able to work with multiple business functions to achieve objectives
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Free on-site gym with daily classes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands including: boohoo, boohooMAN, PLT, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe, we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
Find out more about the role & business here: https://careers.boohoogroup.com/
#LI-LF1 #PLT #LI-HYBRID