SENIOR Backend developer
About the Role
The Node Developer will be working as part of our team, which is responsible for supporting existing and building new features for PrettyLittleThing. As a Node Developer you will have strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills, teamed with an excellent knowledge of latest technologies and have a tangible input into our product development. The Developer will drive our work forward, improve performance and stability of our systems and develop software engineering best practice across the organisation. Our Developers share their knowledge and mentor upcoming talent.
- Minimum 2 years of Proven Commercial Experience with Node JS and TypeScript
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud would be beneficial
- Git version control
- Unit, functional and end to end testing using Jest, Cypress or any well-known framework
- The following would be nice to have, but not a necessity:
- Next JS / React JS / Vue JS
- Experience with AWS API Gateways, Lambda functions would be beneficial.
Candidate must be:
- Able to use follow established design patterns and techniques.
- Writes clean idiomatic code adhering to industry coding standards.
- Adds appropriate logging and monitoring needed to help with debugging.
- Writes tests with adequate coverage, independently.
- Owns the implementation of the solution to their assigned task.
- Code in an easy to understand, change, and maintainable manner
- Proactively improves components, modules, services, systems, and codebases they encounter.
- Adds domain specific metrics to help understand application performance.
- Considers and tests edge-cases.
- Spots opportunities to improve testing.
- Chooses the right data structure for what they are trying to solve.
- Accepts feedback graciously
- Proactively gives feedback to those they work with
- Proactively raises issues they spot in retrospectives
- Delivers assigned tasks that meet expected criteria
- Works for the team, focuses on tasks that contribute to team goals
- Tries to unblock themselves first before seeking help
- Manages their own time effectively, prioritises their workload well, on time for meetings, aware when blocking others and unblocks
We know that as a company we are only as good as the people that we employ. We know our employees work tirelessly to make PLT the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- Free parking
- 25 days holiday
- Free on-site gym with daily classes (due to current restrictions, live PT sessions)
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Company shares schemes - including a ' Save As You Earn' scheme
- 40% staff discount (including PLT, Boohoo, Boohoo MAN, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events (including pay day drinks, Employee Appreciation Day etc.)
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare support through the Government
- Health cash plan
- Personal development opportunities to learn and grow at work
Here at PLT we not only embrace diversity we celebrate it! We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we’re continuing to build an inclusive environment for our employees. We know we are better together, and we will continue to build a team that represents a variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
PLT want to give everybody the chance to perform their best whether that is during an interview or whilst at work. Should you require any reasonable adjustments please let the talent team know.