We are on the hunt for a Print Designer to work closely with the design team here at Pretty Little Thing on a 12 Month contract. The Print Designer will work within the Design team and design prints and graphics for PrettyLitleThing.com across short and long lead time frames. The Pretty Little Thing customer will always be at the forefront any designs produced by the Print Designer. They will also support the commercial targets of the organisation.
YOUR TEAM & BRAND
Welcome to our world! We’re PrettyLittleThing. We’re all about fresh trend-led pieces and celebrity-inspired looks. Part of the boohoo family since 2012, we’re an authority in fashion, beauty and lifestyle in our own right. We are more than just a brand. We inspire confidence in our customers. We’re fast-fashion accelerated.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Supplying the emerging print and graphic trends in a fast-paced responsive design department.
- Displaying knowledge and competencies relating to print & graphics, from an industry standard with relation to production.
- Taking an idea from concept and create engaging on brand graphics and prints.
- Conducting research to pull create on brand themes and trends.
- Analysing High street and catwalk trends.
- Working on short turn around whilst delivering results within a specific timeframe, as well as forward planning ranges for future seasons.
- Working directly with overseas supplier.
- Displaying in depth knowledge of the customer and market designing for.
- Building and maintaining close links with buying and design team.
- Being flexible regarding offshore travel predominately to the Far East.
WORKING WITH US
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
MORE ABOUT YOU
We’re seeking a creative and innovative individual who can demonstrate an excellent understanding of the PrettyLittleThing brand and customer. You will have strong commercial awareness and a comprehensive understanding of womenswear trends. The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level (fashion related).
- Be highly trend driven, motivated and with a positive energetic attitude.
- Have a positive work ethic, can develop relationships with design and buying team.
- Be experienced in identifying and proposing potential new product opportunities.
- Be able to prioritise workflow and ensure challenging deadlines are met, in line with critical path.
- Have exceptional communication skills, capable of working with other product teams and external suppliers to build productive relationships.
- Have solid understanding of the Pretty Little Thing brand and customer.
- Have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and CAD: Photoshop, Adobe and Illustrator.
- Have extensive experience of working in a similar role is essential.
WHY JOIN US
We know that as a company we are only as good as the people that we employ. We know our employees work tirelessly to make PLT the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- Free parking
- 25 days holiday
- Free on-site gym with daily classes (due to current restrictions, live PT sessions)
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Company shares schemes - including a ' Save As You Earn' scheme
- 40% staff discount (including PLT, Boohoo, Boohoo MAN, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events (including pay day drinks, employee appreciation day etc.)
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare support through the Government
- Health cash plan
- Personal development opportunities to learn and grow at work
#LI-SP1 #design #productmanagement