An experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk with full working knowledge of Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger functions. A dedicated individual with the ability to excel in a busy and demanding role. Able to adapt and respond quickly to changing priorities in line with business needs. Our non-stock Purchase Ledger Clerks are responsible for payments to key suppliers of the business so must be able to understand commercial needs and organize their workload accordingly. This is a varied and interesting role for an experienced Accounts Payable professional looking to develop their knowledge in a vibrant and expanding business.
For the team at PrettyLittleThing, that weekend-every-day feeling is a perk of working for us, and it’s the kind of vibe we’re all used to and expect. Our unique way of working speaks for itself: we work hard, and we play hard. Here at PLT, we strive to fly the flag for love, equality, and acceptance, working to use our platform to spread nothing but good vibes. #EveryBODYinPLT is our community that is all about body positivity, equality and supporting each other.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- P2P Responsibility for a subsection of our non-stock suppliers.
- Gaining authorisation of invoices from management.
- Processing high volumes of invoices via our OCR system.
- End to end management of allocated suppliers to ensure invoices are paid on time.
- Using internal software in most efficient ways possible (Medius, Sage 200 etc).
- Reconcile supplier statements monthly.
- Deal with supplier / internal queries efficiently.
- Manage debit balances and aged items.
- Month / Year end duties.
- Raising payments in bank.
- Support wider team during absences.
- Build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ad-hoc tasks as requested by senior management.
WORKING WITH US
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- At least 2 years in a similar role
- Experience with ERP systems (SAGE would be preferred but not essential)
- Be highly organised and able to prioritise own workload to meet deadlines
- Flexible Approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and without constant supervision
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Team player
- Keep confidentiality
- Attention to detail
WHY JOIN US
We know that as a company we are only as good as the people that we employ. We know our employees work tirelessly to make PLT the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- Free parking
- 25 days holiday
- Free on-site gym with daily classes (due to current restrictions, live PT sessions)
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Company shares schemes - including a ' Save As You Earn' scheme
- 40% staff discount (including PLT, Boohoo, Boohoo MAN, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events (including pay day drinks, Employee Appreciation Day etc.)
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare support through the Government
- Health cash plan
- Personal development opportunities to learn and grow at work