As a Merchandiser you will be working closely with our Head of Merchandising to support the growth of one of our most profitable and high-profile departments here at Pretty Little Thing. We are looking for a candidate already operating at Merchandiser level within a similar fast paced retail business.
When you’re not busy planning and managing stock levels, you’ll also be looking after intake and focusing on sales performance. You’ll be part of the go-to team for many other business areas, because we’re online-only you’ll be able to act fast and see the impact of your decisions in hours across a global platform.
In Merchandising, we live and breathe data, trends and fashion. Our vision is clear: we want to be the global market leader, always first to market. We push boundaries and never get stuck in old habits. Without us, the Group wouldn’t be able to keep up with stock levels and demand. Our customers want their wardrobe to be on-trend, and they want it now, so we work with Buying to analyse performance, predict what customers want and what will sell and then make it happen.
At PrettyLittleThing, we’ve got massive ambition. To reach and then surpass our goals. This is why we’re on the lookout for like-minded people who are passionate about making big things happen. If you’re analytical and driven, PrettyLittleThing is the perfect environment for you.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Responsibility for the WSSI, driving out key findings based on performance. Reviewing consistently in line with trading performance.
- Planning of budgets by category, option count, and depth of buy based on the overall business and financial goals of the company.
- Review sales forecasts based on performance, and action re-forecasts.
- Analyse and monitor best and worst sellers and makes informed recommendations for action as well as recommends promotions and re buys as necessary- making an active impact to the brand.
- Monitors and maintains buying margin and gross profit margins as requested.
- Making active recommendations to the business via Head of Merchandising as appropriate.
- Ensures productive relationship between merchandising/buying functions and all other business areas to ensure goals achieved- we are all one big team; collaboration is key.
- Demonstrates a strong level of commercial awareness which considers customer profile, competitor activity and developments with the wider marketplace.
- Drives team development through regular catch ups and reviews.
WORKING WITH US
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Experience working at Merchandiser level in a likeminded fast-paced retail business.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify key market product trends and emerging opportunities in line with the customer profile.
- Comfortable in presenting and communicating to senior management.
- Experience in leading and developing junior team members, to grow a successful leader of the future.
- Good organisational and planning skills and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel ability.
- Happy to be based in our Manchester office a minimum of 4 days a week.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company share schemes- including a ‘Save As You Earn’ scheme. This is where your impact on the business will ultimately impact you positively as well.
- 40% staff discount across the boohoo Group
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Discretionary bonus scheme- rewarding our staff for all of their hard work
- Flexible working hours available to use.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel ability.
- Personal development opportunities available, including internally across our 12 other brands within the group.
- Free on-site gym with daily classes.
- Free on-site parking available to all employees.
WHY JOIN US:
If you long for a career where you’re empowered and want to feel like you influence the direction of your career, then PLT is the right fit for you. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
We know our employees work tirelessly to make PLT the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
Hybrid Working Policy
PLT offers increased flexibility with working from the office and home in the form of our smart working policy. In brief each department has a set amount of days allocated to office time and working from home to ensure you get the best of both worlds.