We're looking for a Senior Merchandiser to support the merchandising function with future strategies and planning of Pretty Little Thing. As a Senior Merchandiser you'll be responsible for directly managing your team, to ensure that sales are optimised, along with the profitability of all areas within the brand. You will work with the Head of Merchandising to produce a clear strategy for the brand, trading each area to ensure that maximum profitability,
Since our humble beginnings, we’ve grown year on year to become an authority in fashion, beauty and lifestyle in our own right. You’ll find our showrooms in London, Los Angeles, Miami and Paris, along with our presence in Dubai, Australia, Ireland and New York. We’ve got it all, and we want more. We want you!
In Merchandising, we have over 30,000 styles on-site at any time, so we’re a team with big responsibilities and an even bigger reputation. We live and breathe data, trends and fashion so we can be the global market leader, always first to market. We’re self-proclaimed pioneers of the test and repeat model, so it’s all about having the right stock, in the right place, at the right time.
What you'll be doing
- Planning of budgets by category, option count, and depth of buy based on the overall business and financial goals of the company.
- Works alongside Head of Merchandising to produce a clear strategy for the brand, trading each area to ensure maximum profitability
- Controls stock levels for the brand and by category based on weekly sales and stock intakes (WSSI)
- Analyses and monitors best and worst sellers and makes informed recommendations for action
- Recommends promotions and re buys as necessary
- Monitors and maintains buying margin and gross profit margins as requested.
- Supplies the Merchandising Director and buying team with necessary data to enable informed decisions and planning.
- Manages day to day running of brand including management of Merchandising Team, carrying out 1-2-1s, developing and training team & overseeing category management.
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- Experience within a previous merchandising role.
- Experience managing a team and developing individuals in their careers.
- Passionate about being an ambassador for the brand.
- A team player. Someone who enjoys going above and beyond to support others in the team where needed, especially during peak times.
- Always striving to improve not only themselves, but the department’s operation. Outside the box thinking.
We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We want you to think big. Think analytically. Be bold. Be brave.
Why join us
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Company share scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Late start, early Friday finish
- 4 x life assurance
- Free parking
- Free gym membership and classes on a daily basis including yoga, PT classes and sound relaxation
- Employee assistance programme including 24-hour confidential helpline
- 40% discount across 8 brands, 20% discount on Debenhams
- Discount portal
- Learning and development support and opportunities both internally and externally
- Payday drinks monthly and ad hoc events throughout the year
- As well as the great perks and benefits listed above upon joining you will also have access to several flexible benefits on our Reward Platform “Beyond” such as cycle to work, healthcare cash plan and technology loans
#PLT #LI-SP1 #productmanagement #strategy