We are actively looking for a FTZ & Compliance Manager to join the Boohoo Group Customs team, who will be responsible for leading the trade compliance function in the US.
Compliance of customs regulations is a top priority for the business and you will be working directly with our customs team in the US and UK in this exciting new role as well as cross functionally within the organisation, including logistics, supply chain, sourcing and finance.
You will ensure compliance with US Import Regulations outlined by Customs and Border Protection, FDA, FWS, FTC and other regulatory agencies, as well as special trade programs including Foreign Trade Zones.
We started out as one brand with only three team members in 2006, today we are now made up of 13 amazing brands and counting, we have offices all over the world and we’ve grown to a 7,000+ strong team we call our boohoo family – and we don’t plan on stopping yet. We have big ambitions, huge potential and a clear strategy to continually evolve and grow the business. It’s a seriously exciting time to join us and influence the next chapter of our success.
In Supply Chain, we're the all-important link between the Group's commercial teams and customers. We look after the movement of all products from our carefully selected suppliers through our distribution networks until they land in our customers' homes. Everything we do is focused on helping the Group become the global leader in e-commerce fashion. Think innovation, plenty of problem-solving and cutting-edge engineering.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Leading and maintaining the implementation of a Foreign Trade Zone within the current warehouse maintaining the required customs regulatory compliance.
- Developing and managing all FTZ and related processes/procedures including maintaining operations manuals.
- Overseeing the daily FTZ operations, including operating FTZ software as necessary.
- Coordinating internal and external requirements with regards to compliant FTZ operation, including daily, weekly, quarterly/annual reports.
- Responsible for required FTZ recordkeeping and coordination/communication with government authorities.
- Ensuring FTZ training material and required training/refresher training, including supply chain security training, is conducted for the Warehouse employees regularly.
- Managing and developing 2 direct reports covering the FTZ and US Customs Compliance daily operations
- Monitoring US Import Compliance and Foreign Trade regulations and changes affecting the company, communicating and providing guidance to the business.
- Ensuring Boohoo’s compliance with import regulation and laws acting as a subject matter expert on trade compliance matters.
- Mitigating risk to the business through proactive process management ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with the required standards in line with the applicable laws covering import and export compliance.
- Leading the delivery of regulatory and compliance initiatives in the US including Foreign Trade Zones.
- Implementing compliance metrics to track trade compliance processes and operations.
- Conducting internal and entry audits, self-assessments of our trade practices, customs ICP to ensure the business is adhering to the proper execution of customs requirements, incorporating Origin, HTS Classification and Valuation.
- Reconciling issues as they are identified and implement corrective action as required.
- Engaging with external stakeholders (e.g., third-party suppliers, customs broker, carriers, forwarders) to identify opportunities and resolve customs compliance risks.
- Providing practical guidance to the business on US Free Trade Agreements and interpretation of Origin Rules to support duty saving initiatives.
WORKING WITH US
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative, commercial and one team.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- 5+ years proven experience in running a FTZ, Import/Export Trade Compliance, including the interpretation and administration of Free Trade Agreements, US HTS classification, valuation and import brokerage operations.
- U.S. Customs Brokers License preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience with foreign trade zone operations, software including weekly summary entries and annual reports.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Knowledge of Federal import trade regulations and enforcement, as well as experience interacting with various government agencies, including US Customs and Border Protection, Food and Drug Administration, United States Fish and Wildlife Services.
- Experience interacting with US Customs, and other government agencies such as FDA, FWS on trade compliance issues.
- Familiarity with C-TPAT and other international supply chain security programs.
WHY JOIN US
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll receive access to United Health
- Access to Medical, Dental and Eye Care insurance
- There’s up to 40% off our Nasty Gal/boohoo/PLT brands
- 401k Pension
Consistently inclusive - A workplace where everyone is respected; their individual differences are valued; and they can be themselves at work; without exception’