As a Designer at boohooMAN you'll be responsible for designing and developing ranges in line with current trend, customer profiles and brand direction. Within this role you will focus on creating innovative designs for the department, using inspiration from a variety of different sources. This role is based out of our MAN office in Ancoats, Central Manchester and working with a strong and influential team of Senior Designers and directly with the Head of Design.
Due to expansions within the team, we are open to different levels of experience within this role. If you're currently a Junior Designer, Designer or Senior Designer please apply as your experience may be relevant!
Once you've applied, if successful someone from our Talent team will confirm a telephone interview to discuss your experience in more depth and answer any questions you have about the role or team.
We’re boohooMAN. Our menswear collections and ground-breaking campaigns have taken the market by storm. We want to be the world’s number one streetwear brand, and our affordable and accessible looks have allowed us to push boundaries and bring the latest styles to life. We focus on our customer’s style and confidence, setting trends and offering choice.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Deliver balanced and extensive design research e. g. using directional shopping, fabric fairs, catwalk awareness to create unique stand out product lines
- Monitor and evaluate the commercial potential of designs within own area and can articulate key shapes and volume lines
- Conduct regular visits to both Stores and Competition to increase market awareness
- Responsible for creation of concept board/packs for design presentations ensuring all research/items are sourced to represent key messages
- Create technical packs consistent for suppliers to translate. Wide technical knowledge utilised to support technical team to create best fit garments reflecting relevant blocks
- Liaising with peers within the Buying and Merchandising teams to fully support the overall delivery of a profitable and commercial range whilst helping to drive a wider awareness of trend and innovation through the business
- Adheres to the brand CP and departmental deadlines to ensure your product is available for all key meetings and deadlines
- Travel to our supplier bases for seasonal sourcing of key fabric and new opportunities and ideas
- Take ownership of category, ensuring your product is available for all look book / campaigns and ecommerce shoots
- Flexibility to travel locally between our London and Manchester offices and offshore when required.
WORKING WITH US
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, givng them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Proven experience within a previous design role (multi-product menswear).
- A team player. Someone who enjoys going above and beyond to support others in the team where needed, especially during peak times.
- For fashion, we never follow trends; we set them. Are you a trend leader?
- Comfortable working at pace. Agility is something you pride yourself on.
We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We want you to think big. Think creativity. Be bold. Be brave.
WHY JOIN US
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe, we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work.
#LI-SP1 #productmanagement #design