Reporting to the Lead French Copywriter the French Copywriter will play a fundamental role in the day to day management of the French eCommerce site and French Copywriters team.
As a member of our expanding Product team, your day-to-day activities will predominantly include creating French product descriptions as well as creating and maintaining French category copies, taking into account all SEO requirements. Additional tasks include translations for the website and social media platforms as per requested by different teams in the business.
Welcome to our world! We’re PrettyLittleThing. We’re all about fresh trend-led pieces and celebrity-inspired looks. Part of the boohoo family since 2012, we’re an authority in fashion, beauty and lifestyle in our own right. We are more than just a brand. We inspire confidence in our customers. We’re fast-fashion accelerated.
What you'll be doing
- Develop and deliver clear brand tone across the French website, creating innovative, original copy content to inspire our customers.
- Owning all French copy for product descriptions for PrettyLittleThing ensuring set targets are processed per week.
- Responsible for daily Product checks and emails proofreading to ensure copy accuracy.
- Responsible for adding/creating SEO meta descriptions, titles and tags for new season launches, new categories and category updates, creating and updating urls when necessary.
- Monitor and action any changes requested to product descriptions.
- Ensure all French category copy is relevant and up to date regarding products, seasonality and trends to maximise SEO performance.
- Update and create tools or documents to keep improving processes and help the French team.
- Communicate with the wider business to ensure all information displayed on the website is accurate.
- Support the Senior French Copywriters to complete tasks or projects including translations, Beauty brands descriptions and creation of original content for social media.
- Provide the French Team with support in larger business projects.
- Be reactive to daily workload and last-minute requests from the wider business.
- Work alongside the Product Team to deliver objectives, identify opportunities and seek out efficiencies.
- Work alongside the wider team to meet daily publishing targets.
Working with us
We don’t call ourselves the PLT family for nothing – you can feel the buzz and atmosphere as soon as you walk into the office. Creativity flows from person to person and across departments, helping us create the empowered movement of love, inclusion, equality and acceptance behind our brand. We encourage everyone to be themselves, and if you bring your best self to work every day, you truly have the power to make a difference and contribute to our brand's success.
More about you
- Native French speaker, also fluent in English
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Creative flair and a proactive, flexible can-do attitude
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines daily
- Energy to get results in a fast paced, dynamic business
- Strong ability to work in a team
- Experience in translation an asset
We know that as a company we are only as good as the people that we employ. We know our employees work tirelessly to make PLT the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Company share scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Late start, early Friday finish
- 4 x life assurance
- Free parking
- Free gym membership and classes on a daily basis including yoga, PT classes and sound relaxation
- Employee assistance programme including 24-hour confidential helpline
- 40% discount across 8 brands, 20% discount on Debenhams
- Discount portal
- Free fruit & tea/coffee
- Subsidised cafe
- Learning and development support and opportunities both internally and externally
- Payday drinks monthly and ad hoc events throughout the year
- As well as the great perks and benefits listed above upon joining you will also have access to several flexible benefits on our Reward Platform “Beyond” such as cycle to work, healthcare cash plan and technology loans
Hybrid Working Policy
PLT offers increased flexibility with working from the office and home in the form of our smart working policy. In brief each department has a set amount of days allocated to office time and working from home to ensure you get the best of both worlds.
Here at PLT we not only embrace diversity we celebrate it! We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we’re continuing to build an inclusive environment for our employees. We know we are better together, and we will continue to build a team that represents a variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
PLT want to give everybody the chance to perform their best whether that is during an interview or whilst at work. Should you require any reasonable adjustments please let the talent team know.
#PLT #LI-ZB1 #LI-HYBRID