As an Assistant Merchandiser for PrettyLittleThing, you’ll have an eye for detail and being analytical is at the forefront of everything you do. Within the role at PLT, you’ll be responsible for using relevant data to ensure the sales are optimised for your department. You’ll support the planning of budgets and work closely with our Senior Merchandisers to make impactful decisions across our global platform. Based in our Central Manchester office, you’ll be in the heart of a buzzing fashion focussed environment, with the opportunity to work with various teams across the business.
We live and breathe data, trends and fashion. Our vision is clear: we want to be the global market leader, always first to market. We push boundaries and never get stuck in old habits. Without us, the Group wouldn’t be able to keep up with stock levels and demand. Our customers want their wardrobe to be on-trend, and they want it now, so we work with Buying to analyse performance, predict what customers want and what will sell and then make it happen.
- You’ll be using data to optimise the sales volume and profitability of your product areas
- Support planning of budgets by category, option count, and depth of buy, based on the overall business and financial goals of the company
- Control stock levels based on weekly sales and stock intakes (using the WSSI).
- Review sales forecasts based on performance and action re-forecasts where necessary.
- Analyse and monitor the best and worst sellers, using this information to make informed trade actions on a weekly basis.
- Recommend any promotions and re-buys where necessary, using relevant data to make these decisions.
- Monitor and maintain the buying and gross profit margins as requested.
- Support the Merchandising Admin Assistant with any administrative tasks and develop their skill set where needed.
WORKING WITH US
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Experience working within Merchandising, ideally as a Merchandising Admin Assistant or Assistant Merchandiser for a similar retail business.
- Ability to work at pace and analyse a high volume of data efficiently.
- Previous experience working with Excel at a Intermediate to Advanced level.
- Ability to look into the detail as well as the bigger picture, especially by working collaboratively as a team and being a team player at all costs.
- You’re a relationship builder and find communication across various level of seniority easy to adapt.
WHY JOIN US
We know that as a company we are only as good as the people that we employ. We know our employees work tirelessly to make PLT the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Company share scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Late start, early Friday finish
- 4 x life assurance
- Free parking
- Free gym membership and classes on a daily basis including yoga, PT classes and sound relaxation
- Employee assistance programme including 24-hour confidential helpline
- 40% discount across 8 brands, 20% discount on Debenhams
- Discount portal
- Learning and development support and opportunities both internally and externally
- Payday drinks monthly and ad hoc events throughout the year
- As well as the great perks and benefits listed above upon joining you will also have access to several flexible benefits on our Reward Platform “Beyond” such as cycle to work, healthcare cash plan and technology loans
#LI-SP1 #strategy #merchandising #stratgey