As part for a software development team for boohoo you will create complex, enterprise transforming business applications by writing quality software code and, simultaneously, focusing on continual learning and development.
This is an excellent opportunity for a software developer who has strong technical skills, a passion for quality and experience of creating and supporting large scale web/e-commerce applications. Our culture is fit for developers who excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment and who relish the opportunity to further their career working as part of an industry leading organisation.
In Tech, we’re proud to support every function. We’re a digital-first company that is totally cloud-native. We embrace change and future-proof the business, delivering critical customer-facing and internal stakeholder facing systems. Everything from colleague tech to front-end websites and apps, buying and merchandising tooling and all that’s in-between, we take care of it. Our ideas support and drive the Group’s agenda.
What you'll be doing
- Maintain and develop the essential tools and integrations that provide up to date and relevant data to our key business stakeholders and other systems.
- Identify points for improvement within the team and task them accordingly.
- Respond quickly and intelligently to live environment issues.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other departments to design solutions and ensure that their needs are fulfilled to the best possible efficiency
More about you
You will be an experienced and proactive developer and will have a strong focus on delivering quality through good software design.
In addition, you will hold the following skills:
- Proficient in ReactJS – Redux/Webhooks
- HTML and CSS (Sass)
- Relational and non-relational databases – NOSQL/SQL
- Node.js, Express - Experience building secure RESTful APIs
- Style frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation
- Gulp, Bower, Webpack and Git
- Experience working in sprints
- Experience of Agile development approaches and use of Jira or equivalent
- Exposure to AWS technologies
Why join us
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Share Scheme
- Contributory Pension
- 40% discount across ALL brands (boohooMAN, PLT, Debenhams, Karen Millen & more)
- On site gym
- The opportunity to work in a company that encourages engagement and growth!
- Work with the best up-to-date technology
- Flexible working hours
- Referral Programme
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme