As a Catering & Hospitality Assistant for the boohoo group, you will be part of our ‘PLT’ catering team, working within our Pretty Little Thing HQ, but flexible to cover other branches if required. This role is Mon - Fri and shift patterns are either 07:30 -15:30 or 08:00 - 16:00.
You will support the Catering & Hospitality Supervisor, Group Catering & Hospitality Managers and wider FM team, to drive and maintain operational standards for the catering and hospitality services throughout the boohoo group to a very high standard.
You will display exceptional barista skills, be competent in basic food preparation and be passionate about providing outstanding customer service.
Your all round experience will be key in maintaining exemplary catering & hospitality facilities across the business which enhances the customer/client experience; maintaining guidelines of cleanliness and presentation, in addition to your pro-active attitude and the ability to work under pressure during peak service.
You will demonstrate a duty of care by working within the Health and Safety and Food Safety Act 1990 and subsequent regulations, and follow any instructions on hygiene given by your Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our department at a pivotal time as we expand across more locations within the city.
Desirable hospitality hours, working no evenings or weekends!
All locations are accessible by public transport and a driving license is not essential for this role.
What you'll be doing
- Will clean and tidy all areas in order to maintain a safe and hygienic working environment.
- Carry out some basic food production, from receiving goods, storing goods, packaging sandwiches, preparing breakfast pots, washing food produce and labelling products.
- Will prepare hand-crafted barista coffees efficiently and to spec. Training will be provided but experience is necessary.
- Respond to customer comments, pass on suggestions and refer complaints immediately in order to resolve matters without delay.
- Will ensure that all till operation, buffet tabs and transactions are carried out accurately.
- Prioritising checklists and the recording of food temperatures, ensuring are completed in accordance with Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Will follow our food management system recipe specifications and comply with Natasha’s law and ‘Kcal in the out of home sector’ regulations at all times, ensuring accurate labels and information is available, maintaining excellent presentation, portion control and quality at all times.
- Storing all goods away in their place in a safe manner with labels on view at all times. Taking care to put away any frozen goods efficiently.
- Breaking down all cardboard and disposing of it into the paper recycling bins as designated
- All general waste to be disposed of periodically throughout the day and removed at frequent intervals into the designated bins by yourself or communicated with our cleaners for support.
- Demonstrate a duty of care by working within the health and safety and food safety act 1990 and subsequent regulations and to follow any instructions on hygiene given by your manager
- Ensure all practise complies with the new FSA allergen regulations ‘FIR 2013’
- To maintain stock levels of consumables, beverages and snacks, communicating at all times with your supervisor if stock levels are below optimum or products aren’t selling
- To be prepared to learn about our products and services. Training will be given but seeking information, developing skills and knowledge must be self-driven
- To be aware and vigilant and immediately report any security or Health & Safety issues to Management. Communicate any work related issues to other staff and suggest how the counter layout, presentation of food stuffs and retail products may be enhanced to maximise sales
- To deal with stock deliveries and unpack and store food stuffs accurately
- To record food temperatures and to clean and clear work areas. To respond to the needs of the workplace as and when required
- Be flexible to cover occasional events, busier periods and in times of absence
- Will manage and prioritise your own time effectively and efficiently as to complete the extensive range of duties assigned.
Working with us
To succeed here, you must love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work both independently and in a team
- To be agile and prioritise as necessary to meet the demands of the business
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- An awareness of hygiene and safety regulations
*(support will be given, but developing skills and knowledge must be self-driven)
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands including: boohoo, boohooMAN, PLT, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe, we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
Find out more about the role & business here: https://careers.boohoogroup.com/