We have a great opportunity for a sourcing and compliance professional to be based in Morocco as our Ethical and Compliance Manager. In this role you will oversee the compliance management of our Morocco-based manufacturing sites.
The suitable candidate will be responsible for maintaining supply base standards, working closely with our sourcing, quality, ethical and buying teams to ensure that current and new suppliers adhere to our supplier requirements.
You must have your own vehicle to travel between sites and also be fluent in both English and Arabic. French and Spanish would also be desirable.
Responsible Sourcing and Product Operations is reimagining how the Group works globally. We cover Sustainability, Sourcing, Ethical Trade, Product Quality and Operational Efficiency. We turn challenges into opportunities so we can be as commercially and operationally effective as possible while still being ethical and sustainable! In some companies, what we do gets split into many smaller teams. Not us. Together we align all areas and achieve our goals, constantly pushing for better.
What you’ll be doing
- Carry out daily factory visits, which will include spot checks on stock, orders, inline quality checks, employee pay and hours validation, health and safety and fire safety assessments.
- Support boohoo group continuous improvement training programmes such as product quality standards, building safety, worker welfare and product sourcing requirements to ensure supplier understanding of Boohoo Ethical, Sourcing & Quality expectations.
- Collaborate with boohoo central sourcing and ethical teams to ensure successful on-boarding of new suppliers and factories as the business requires.
- Organise new factory visits and assessments to ensure new factory onboarding is in alignment with the Boohoo required standards for ethical, sourcing & quality needs.
- Organise regular meetings with suppliers to review improvement needs and ongoing alignment with the Boohoo required standards for ethical, sourcing & quality needs.
- Support Boohoo Group brands, Responsible Sourcing and Product Operations teams with their supplier visits to Morocco as appropriate.
- Support QA to implement necessary actions with suppliers to support Boohoo local sealing.
- Ensure the Boohoo Metal Policy & Boohoo Code of Conduct is in place across all supplier sites.
- Contribute to initiatives to reduce customer product returns.
- Conduct inline check in the factory to investigate issues and improve supplier quality management processes.
- Promoting quality at all times, whilst maintaining a strong commercial attitude.
- Ensure suppliers are aware of their requirement to organise 3rd party ethical audits in-line with the Boohoo Ethical Compliance Policy.
- Proactively manage and resolve any ethical issues as they arise whilst ensuring boohoo code of conduct is upheld.
- Continuously collaborate with other functions such as Sourcing, Buying, Technical, Sustainability and Legal teams as and when required – understand the importance of the commercial prerogative to support the boohoo family of brands.
- Collaborate with key external stakeholders, NGOs, government bodies and statutory agencies in addressing the broader conversation in industry level workplace challenges.
- Collaborate where required with other regional sourcing and ethical sourcing teams outside of Morocco in addressing areas of common concern and focus.
More about you
- Must live locally, and ideally speak French/Spanish/Arabic to communicate.
- Must have a car and must be flexible and willing to travel to factories as well as different regions as required.
- Previous experience in a senior role essential in a similar senior role and fast paced environment
- Able to work both individually and part of a team essential, with ability to inspire and motivate team members
- Multi-product experience including fringe areas; ability to move between product areas
- Experience of working directly with factories, and thorough understanding of factory production, including work-flow and production control
- Able to meet new challenges with a positive attitude
- Strong time-management skills; able to prioritise tasks and change direction with agility
- Confident using Outlook, Excel and Word. Keen to expand skill set as the role demands.
- An analytical mind and a nuanced approach to appreciating the complexities of procedures and regulations and issues as they arise
- You will need excellent communication and interpersonal skills, reporting skills and have the ability to provide comprehensive information to the business and liaise with internal & eternal stakeholders on a regular basis
- Strong people management and leadership skills ensuring your team achieves in an efficient way
- Good problem-solving skills and be able to overcome issues, propose solutions and make commercial decisions
- Perform under pressure and operate in a fast past environment
- Thinks strategically and provides long-term solutions