As part of the Group Finance team, the Head of Tax manages the tax function for the Group, across all of our 13 brands. We are looking for somebody with fantastic stakeholder management skills who can work closely with both internal and external partners. You must have working knowledge of UK corporation tax and other UK taxes (VAT, withholding taxes and stamp taxes) as well as experience of tax regimes outside the UK, most notably US.
In Finance, we charge towards commercial aims. Our proactive business partnering, advice and forecasting give the Group confidence to succeed. We’re all about delivering world-class finance, addressing limitations, overcoming challenges, and ensuring the business invests in the right things. Part of working in a fashion-forward fast-growing PLC means never calling ourselves corporate. Because we aren’t.
What you'll be doing
- Provide leadership with respect to tax planning, compliance, and control across the Group.
- Manage compliance with tax law across the Group, in all tax aspects including, corporate tax, transfer pricing, PAYE and indirect taxes.
- Optimise the Group’s taxation expense by identifying areas of tax savings and integration of tax planning within strategy formulation.
- Manage the Group’s tax advisory budget to ensure the optimal balance of in-house delivery of tax alongside external support. Act as key point of contact to external advisors.
- Implementing the long-term international tax strategy for the Group, notably around US operations where the Group is expanding during 2023, and through Wholesale operations.
- Work closely with the in-house Customs and Duty team to ensure management of tax and duties in an optimal manner. The Group operates from a bonded warehouse in the UK, and actively developing its relationship with Customs & Border patrol in the US.
- Be the custodian of the Group transfer pricing policy, responsible for ensuring that policy is up to date and appropriate agreements and approvals are in place to ensure compliance.
- Lead the review and management of the legal entity structure working closely with the business leaders, company secretariat and other teams to streamline and drive legal entity rationalisation.
Working with us
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We want you to think big. Think creatively. Be bold. Be brave. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes – that’s how we learn! We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re one team, one boohoo family. Bring your own style, experiences, and ideas – we want them all.
More about you
- Working knowledge of UK corporation tax and other UK taxes (VAT, withholding taxes and stamp taxes)
- Experience of tax regimes outside the UK, most notably US
- Strong stakeholder management
- CTA qualified with significant post qualification experience
Why join us
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
#LI-LF1 #LI-HYBRID #LI-Finance